“Moldy food and bad service”

The Dining Room at the Berkeley Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dining Room at the Berkeley Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #210 of 1,606 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th Street
Description: The Dining Room at the Berkeley serves regional cuisine with a modern flair. We pride ourselves on using fresh, locally sourced ingredients in everything from our cocktails to our desserts. This is a great place to host private events, business lunches, romantic dinners and brunch. A great effort is made to provide a relaxing and accommodating atmosphere from the free wi-fi to the free valet parking for all restaurant guests. We are always improving on our menus and hoping to provide all our guests with an experience that they will never forget.
Falls Church, Virginia
“Moldy food and bad service”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We went to the Berkley this past Sunday for brunch, after attending a wedding in Midlothian the evening before. It took an hour to get our appetizer, which was a bread basket.
When our food arrived, I was happy with my french toast, but my fiance ordered one of the quiche dishes and there was mold on the bottom! He didn't realize it until he bit into it and it tasted bad. Some of our other friends ordered Bloody Marys and they said those tasted like hot sauce dumped in a glass.
I'm not sure how their dinner service is, but I would not recommend going there for brunch. There were about 20 people in the dining room, so not sure if that's a bigger brunch crowd for them than they are used to because the service was really slow.
I will not be returning there after our experience.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MelTrot

Fairfax, Virginia
“good service, poor food”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The waitress/bartender was very friendly and gracious. Unfortunately the food, despite a strong recommendation from the hotel staff, was average. I ordered soup that was served room temperature -- off-putting to say the least. The rest of my lunch was average and bland at best. I would not return, even though the room is attractive and the service was good. Maybe I would have a drink here? just maybe

Visited April 2014
lockport, ny
“Terrible Execution of 2 events”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My sister and I attended 2 events at the Berkely "Crepe Expectations" and "A Very Virginia Sparkling Wine Brunch at The Berkeley Hotel". Both events were terrible executed. The crepes at Crepe Exepectations were cold and took a very long time to make it to the table, the wine pairing was often wrong and the server was terribly confused the entire night. For a price tag of $75 per person it was totally unacceptable. The brunch was a disaster. Reserved seating was at 10am and the menu was set (3 courses with wine pairings). The first course didn't get served until almost 11 am (yes almost an hour late!), the second course was was "petite filet" over spinach with a poached egg. Our petite filet's were about a 1/4 of an inch thick and served cold as if from the refrigerator. The third course was a $.25 pancake. On top of all that, the tables were not set when we arrived at 10 am (no water, no coffee offering, the wine wasn't poured, etc.) Again at a price tag of $48 per person we were terribly disappointed. Ultimately the restaurant manager and executive chef did not do their jobs.

• Visited February 2014
Petersburg, Virginia, United States
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We dined here for dinner and breakfast and both were excellent. The crab bisque was the best I have ever had...just decadent. The service was impeccable and the prices were reasonable. You will not be disappointed.

Visited January 2014
Hampton
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The breakfast was very good. The service was very good. The dinning room was nice and very clean. Drinks were good.

Visited December 2013