“Two different restaurants - lunch and dinner”
Review of Aziza's - CLOSED

Aziza's
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Two different restaurants - lunch and dinner”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I've eaten here mostly for lunch. The menu features both Middle Eastern and Southern fare... where else can you get a sandwich with a side of tabbouleh? I'll eat lunch here whenever I'm in the area.

I've heard that the white table cloths come out for dinner with a totally different menu. A foodie friend raves about it.

Visited July 2012

“Not That Impressed”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This is a great little space right on Main St. Parking can be challenging though. There were only 4 entrees to chose from other than pizza which to me was very limited. We ordered an appetizer which was burned on the bottom of the bread base. There was only one thing on the menu that my husband would eat- steak and it came out very rare when he ordered medium. He had to send it back and it was still rare when it arrived again. I had the scallops which were very good, but I felt overpriced at $24. It didn't even include a salad for that price. I ordered a glass of wine and they were out of it. They did let me taste another choice before ordering which was nice. The best thing about this place is the dessert! The banana pudding pie is to die for. We will be back for dessert, but we will go elsewhere for dinner.

• Visited October 2012
“More than Pizza!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We love the pizzas at Aziza's, as they remind us of pizza we ate in Europe. Nice thin crust, that wood fire crispy-ness, a tasty nicely seasoned red sauce and a big variety of toppings to add. My favorite is carmelized onions and a toss of fresh arugula on top. There's more than pizza here. The fusion with Italian and Lebanese fare make for a lot of choices for both meat and non-meat eaters. And then there's dessert. The cream puffs are a must - big enough to share - creamy and rich, a perfect end so leave some room for them. Another thing I've enjoyed lately is the hand-made ceramic pieces on display (and for sale.) The place gets busy so come early, or late, and don't forget they have parking behind the restaurant. I was so happy to be told about this.

• Visited September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“I loved this place!!!! Superb, fresh food and atmosphere.”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was here on business and this place was recommended. It is a clean, neat and nice restaurant in a great location. The menu was reasonably priced and the food was absolutely delicious. The customer service was great too. I ordered a pizza and the veggie's were so fresh! I was told that their veggie's are bought from the local farmer's, which is a plus in my opinion. I highly recommend this place if you are ever in the area.

Richmond, VA
“Yummy Lebanese fare”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Aziza's is worth a look for a great lunch spot in Richmond, VA. Housed on Main Street in a hole-in-the-wall space wedged next to a pharmacy by walk-through (owners are related), Aziza whips up some excellent fresh hummus, tabouleh, and healthy lentil salads along with pizzas, quiche, and a lovely grilled cheese panini. You'd think a grill cheese would be nothing special, but the crispy grilled bread oozing with a selection of tasty white cheeses will leave you wanting for a nice nap afterwards. Upgrade your side for just $1.00 and get the black lentil salad...healthy, plentiful, and tasty. Check your teeth afterwards...those lentils tend to have sticky skin!! I had a bite of my friend's quiche, which was creamy and delicious.

The roasted red pepper hummus was creamy and mild, and a lovely appetizer to share with a friend. You could tell the freshness...oil separation was starting to occur after a few minutes, but that tells me it was whipped up nice and fresh today. Yummy.

Oh, and DON'T miss dessert...two can share one incredible homemade cream puff...you will think you'd died and gone to heaven. Each puff is about 4 inches in diameter, loaded with dense, rich cream that is not too sweet, with encasement of puff pastry and dark semi-sweet chocolate ganache, sprinkled with confectioner's sugar. Savor it slowly. Unreal. OK, so now I want another one...DON'T MISS IT!

• Visited June 2012