“This is the real deal; this rivals the one in DC” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Richmond's Shockoe Bottom Segway Tour
Ranked #9 of 167 things to do in Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded to educate the community about the tragedies of the Holocaust, the Virginia Holocaust Museum strives to memorialize and document the atrocities of World War II. Through exhibits, programming, and outreach, the Museum uses the history of genocide to teach the dangers of prejudice and indifference.
Frederick, Maryland
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“This is the real deal; this rivals the one in DC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Having toured Auschwitz, Dachau, and one in Bavaria the name escapes me and the DC holocaust museum, you really need to give this a try. The detail and effort put into this operation is superb. They hit this from so many angles you really need to give yourself time to go through it all. They have authentic exhibits and even one of the railcars used in this heinous act. Truly a retelling of a story that should never be forgotten. Well done, a must see of Richmond!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Muldunespeaks

Mission, Tx
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Educational and emotional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My visit to the Holocaust Museum was so much more than I expected. The reality and emotional experience was unbelievable and I learned more than I ever did in a book. I got there an hour before closing, but wish I'd gotten there sooner. One hour is only enough time to do a quick tour and this place deserves much more time. It's something I wish the whole world could see to be sure nothing like this could ever be repeated. Hope to return with my grandkids someday, so they can experience this for themselves.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Barbarah M
Scottville Nc
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great education for everyone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This is something my kids wanted to do and it was awesome!! I think this is more than any kid would get in history class all year.. if every teacher would present this as a trip for education to the school boards to get funded I think that kids would appreciate their life better and humanity in it's self. I could not believe this was free.. great exhibit!!

Richmond, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Historic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

A memorable, historic museum that is so realistic. A historic experience I will never forget. Brought family visiting a few extra times. Educational experience for my daughter when she was 13. Arranged a field trip to take employees who worked for me. I strongly recommend this. Good time to visit is in May in memory of Holocaust Remembrance Days.

Visited September 2013
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

A very interesting and provocative exhibit. It is well worth the time it takes to see it and it offers insight into a time we wish never happened.

Visited July 2013