“Was ok, except the smells permeated our clothes and baggage...”

Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum
Ranked #73 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
NC
“Was ok, except the smells permeated our clothes and baggage...”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Kitchenette was GREAT! BUT it smelled of smoke and pesticide and it took double soap and vinegar rinse to get the smells out later!! Penney-wise and pound foolish we were. It was quiet for sleeping however.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wshington, D.C.
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I travel extensively. This by far was one of the worst hotel/motel that I have at which I ever stayed. You are greated at the desk by a sign; there is no front desk attendant to sign you in. When I got to my room, I was greated with aa refrigerator standing in the middle of the room( really not a suite); it had been pulled out from the wall leaving a large dirty,messy area behind. I could not complain...remember no one at the desk. When I finally reached a person, I was told " sorry about that." The refrigerator remained in the same spot throughout my stay.

The room had a vile smell.

No fresh towels!!! You can launder your own if you can scrounge up $4.00 in quarters;
of course, there was no change machine

There is a coffee maker, but not cups. No cups for water either. I do not think they had any vending machines or an ice machine. If they did, you would need to carry the ice back in your hands.

Took me awhile to find the one trash can which was tucked away in a cabinet.

This hotel/ motel is not considered on the cheaper side. You be bettter off staying at a lesser expensive, friendlier place.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank jpkdogshow
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I have stayed in quite a few Motels, and this place was a definate cut above. VERY quiet and clean. We booked a suite with a kitchen and it truly made the stay visiting relatives in the area. Staff was extreamly helpful and friendly

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Marc_Douglas_PD
Teaneck, NJ
Reviewed 22 May 2010

This property has positioned itself as an extended stay hotel. We were supposed to spend two nights here. We checked out after one. The only good thing I have to say is that it enjoys the advantage of a good location. When the local Sheraton and Hyatt are booked, as they were this weekend, you have little choice but to stay here. The exterior and hallways are deceivingly modern. The room however was a dump. The walls are prefab plastic and the kitchenette and bathroom were as a low budget as it gets. bring your own shampoo.

There is no maid service for stays less than a week, so you have to take out your own garbage.

The desk clerk was very courteous, but kept apologizing that it was his his first week on the job. He kept calling for help on the phone to do even simple transactions. Checking out a day early really threw him. He called for back up and the whole checkout process took about 25 minutes. The line growing with each passing minute.

The queen bed was right next to the wall A/C unit which woke my wife up every 20 minutes when it cycled on.

There were cigarette burns in the low budget sheets. The thin cotton blanket was a joke.

The TV was a throwback to the 1990's. No input jacks for the computer.Not a flat screen in sight.

The wireless internet worked fine but was not free.

No real lobby, no restaurant or bar.

All this mediocrity did not come cheap. The one night stay was $118.00.

Bottom line: Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Neuroelf
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 19 April 2010

The best place I ever been very clean, very friendly staff, I would stay there anytime I need a nice safe affordableand convientent to everything hotel to stay at.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed 14 January 2010

My stay at Homestead Suites was excellent in every way. The staff was so friendly and helpful and the accommodations were comfortable and homey. Great location and very quiet. We had our dogs with us and they enjoyed the stay as well. Would recommend this to anyone staying in the Richmond area.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 28 August 2009

I stayed here for one night earlier this week via priceline. When i found out I was stying at a Homestead I was curious to see what an "Extended Stay" room was like. Well ,when I walked in the girl at the front desk was sitting back with her feet up and "chomping" on a piece of gum- when she saw me she slowly got up and walked up to the computer and started typing,..it was a good minute before she even adressed me standing there. She asked my last name and got a puzzled smirk on her face as she searched for my name. I told her i had made the rez on priceline a little earlier in the night and she told me I was "lucky she was there " because she was doing "her audit" and if somebody else was there they might not have been able to find my name and i coulda had "alot of problems". So, needless to say I was not very impressed with the staff right off the bat and the lobby was not anything to write home about, .thats for sure. I got to my room and it did seem to be pretty clean, old but clean. I didnt have much use for the stove but i guess it was nice to have a large fridge and microwave. The bed was probably one of the worst i have slept in- not dirty but just old and uncomfortable. The A/C was not on when I entered the room so it was stifling hot as it was over 90 deg that day. Now generaly i wouldnt mind that so much but even with lowering the thermostat as low as i could...it took forever to cool off and it just didnt get as cool as it should have ( i am someone who likes it really cold when I sleep and in a hotel room this is typicaly easy to accomplish but not here ) . The size of the room was decent but i honestly expected more and it just didnt have a very "homey" feel to it....i would say as somebody else explained in their review ,..it had more of a low rent apartment complex feel to it. All in all i would say its an ok place but certainly nothing more than that.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank rockets300516
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St
Hyatt Place Richmond / Arboretum

Been to Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum? Share your experiences!