Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6(Richmond)
Midlothian Inn(Richmond)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here while waiting for the construction of our home to be completed. We originally planned on being here two weeks, however it turned into two months as weather and construction delays kept us from moving in. Jamison and Jennifer have both been exceptionally helpful, courteous, and professional during our stay here. To be honest, from housekeeping to management the staff has been phenomenal. The hotel itself is in close proximity to everything you may need, from grocery stores and restaurants, the gym and a mall. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, with large windows allowing tons of natural light and fresh air. We will definitely recommend this hotel to people we know, and would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. It is really wonderful to read that our staff was able to make you feel at home while you waited on yours to be complete, especially Jamison and Jennifer. I am very proud of the team for offering such great customer service to you and your Wife. It will be rewarding to share your comments with the entire team.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

This was my second time staying at the Extended Stay America hotel. Its an awesome deal for the cost. Location is great-less than 15 min drive to downtown. I ended up adding an additional night to my stay. Did not get a decent price through priceline, but PAM (front desk) worked it out for me. I am extremely grateful. During checkout, the General Manager, Mike, seemed truly interested in my stay and was very nice. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Room was stocked with microwave, fridge and stove. A car is needed, as this location is not near public transportation, however, there are lots of restaurants nearby. Breakfast is included but only includes coffee, oatmeal packs, and prepackaged muffins. Also, no safe was in my room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about the hotel and our location. As well, I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and the amenities we offer.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

The hotel is located in the very well maintained, lushly landscaped, Arboretum office complex. The hotel grounds are consistently cleaned and landscaped. The rooms are very quiet and clean. Gold's gym is in the complex, less than 1/4 mile from the hotel. Mike, Jamison and the team's excellent customer service and attention to detail has made me feel right at home, for over a year, on more than one occasion. Extended Stay America North Chesterfield Arboretum keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Corporate extended stay guests can appreciate the work desk, sofa bed, and breakfast bar stools in the sunny king studio suites. New beds, flat screen TVs, lighting, comforters, consistently updated bed linen and towels make any of the rooms a good choice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Douglas - It is so rewarding to read that you had an amazing stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We are so excited to know we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience, again!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Where do I begin? As soon as we walked into the room there was a smell we just couldn't figure out. We think it might have been from smokers who had been there before us and garbage. After our arrival I removed my sons shoes so he can be comfortable after a long drive. About 1 hour later his socks were black from the filthy carpet. After closer inspection, I noticed after was filthy. It seems like the room has never had a proper cleaning. It was probably a simple wipe down. There was mildew around the caulking in the bathroom. I had to buy cleaning supplies and odor remover so that we can get rid of the stench. The most frightening experience of our two nights there was when housekeeping tried to clean the room at 3:30 am. The door slammed open and caught on the safety lock. We heart felt like it jumped out of my chest. They were talking loud, laughing and screaming after they realized the room was occupied. All the front desk said was, "Oh I'm sorry". They did nothing to remedy the fact that they woke everyone up, including my two babies. Also our breakfast made us all sick. My daughter noticed that the wrapper had an expired date.
The only positive I could say was the location.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the lack of cleanliness in your room, the strong odor you noticed and the disturbance you experienced in the early morning hours. It is our goal to provide a clean and comfortable setting for all of our guests to enjoy; it saddens me to know we were unable to provide this for you. With your comments in mind, I am working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to correct these issues and spoke with the rest of my staff about the importance of providing a great stay for all of our guests. It is my hope to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again.

I do want to thank you very much for providing me with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at MDL@extendedstay.com. I would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town, and prove that your comments are valued, and your satisfaction with the product we provide is our number one concern. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

I have stayed her multipule times now and Mike and Jamison are alway friendly and very helpful. They even try and get me my favorite room when possible. The location is perfect for getting to shoping and to where I need to work. There are also a lot of resturants close by.

Room Tip: even though they have smoking rooms I find sometime the non-smoking room has been used by a smoker. If you are like me and can't stand the smell ceck your room before you bring everything in and request to be moved if you run into this. They are very helpful.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Thank you for mentioning both Mike and Jamison for GREAT guest service. We are pleased that you continue to choose Extended Stay America and look forward to welcoming you again.