The hotel has a fresh look and an inviting appearance. It is conveniently located in a corporate office area, in a resort like setting and quiet suroundings with easy access to Hwy 60. There is ample parking room and parking is really easy.The rooms are large and bright, have a big and comfortable bed, a big screen TV, a fully equiped kitchenette with a full set of dishes, pots and pans and ustensiles. The kitchenette also has a decent size fridge, an electric stove and a microwave oven. At the first look, everything looked extremenly attractive, quiet and relatively clean, but it was too good to be true...
1. The microwave oven is defective: it works only on the 30 seconds mode and needs to be reset and restarted every 30 seconds...I was told that it will be replaced - nothing happened.
2. The electric stove is also defective: only one of the two elements is working
3. Nobody cleaned my room for the last 11 days and nobody came to clean when I asked them. I asked the front desk several times, I even talked to the cleaning ladies while they were chatting in front of my room - nothing happened. So I have to take the garbage downstairs
4. The batroom tub has a nice but is surounded by a dark band of mold, as if nobody is paying any attention to this kid of thing...It is disgusting when you try to take a bath or even a shower...
So bottom line, it is a nice hotel for the money, but the service is really terrible.
5. Nobody picks up the garbage. I have been here for the last 11 days and yesterday I had to take the garbage bag out and give it to the reception desk clerk to put it away. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice hotel and the front desk clerk is doing a great job, issuing service requests, but THERE IS NO SERVICE! As if nobody is managing this place...I am a consultant and I travel frequently for long periods of time. I intended to spend here 60 days or maybe 120 days, but I had it and I am looking for a better place to stay with some decent service. I will get out of here as soon as I can find one that it is not too far from my work.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Extended Stay, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Suites Richmond / Midlothian Hotel Richmond
- Extended Stay America Richmond