“Oh yeah! The Hot Dog.”
Review of HogsHead Cafe

HogsHead Cafe
Ranked #13 of 1,647 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

This place is VERY GOOD. Everything on the menu is very well made and very flavorful. I have had NO complaints. My favorite items are the hot wings and the hog dog. The dog is basically topped with enough BBQ to make a sandwich. The hog sauce used on the wings and BBQ is perfectly delicious and spicy.

Try one of their homemade cocktails!

Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

Located in a small strip mall off Broad St., one would not happen upon this restaurant. It was recommended as a good place for fresh, homemade food with a twist. A hot dog wrapped in bacon and then covered with pulled pork barbecue and slaw isn't everyday fare. A chalk board shows daily specials including salads and vegetables, which is nice since the menu is heavy on meat dishes. The summer salad has the best toasted and glazed pecans and the portion is generous. The soups are very good. I saw nachos in the kitchen I'll have on a future visit. Looked awesome. There are a limited number of tables, a small bar, and good prices on pitchers of beer. If one is a fan of barbecued meats and freshly prepared food served in a relaxed atmosphere, you'll be happy.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stopped by HogsHead Cafe to try the Hog Dog. The hot dog was really good. I would like to go back and just try the hot dog wrapped in bacon with just chili as the hot dog was so good and the BBQ sauce and BBQ while good kind of took away some of the awesome flavor of the hot dog wrapped in bacon. We also tried the blackberry cobbler which was great. The service was excellent. Our server was very attentive and friendly. This is a small restaurant that was pretty full. We did get a seat fairly quickly. It is really worth trying out this restaurant. Good food, good service and a fair price. We'll be going back!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Just finished a dinner at the Hogshead with my wife and daughter. This is a top 10 rated restaurant by the Richmond Times Dispatch. There are less than 15 tables in the place and by the time we left folks were waiting outside. The food is all house made and very good. We had an appetizer of asparagus fries, which are breaded and served with a home made ranch sauce and a chipotle sauce. I HATE asparagus. But, I could not get enough of this appetizer, it was fantastic. For dinner my wife ordered the side sampler with a house salad, mac and cheese, and squash casserole. My daughter ordered the Piglet’s BBQ sandwich and mac and cheese. I ordered the Hog Dog with loaded potato salad. The food was extremely fresh and very well made. There was no way we could finish our servings. I cannot wait to go back and try the fried oysters and ribs. An amazing hole-in-the-wall that is well worth the time. Keep up the great food y’all.

2  Thank morrisn
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I have lived in Richmond for eight years. My wife and I have been looking in Richmond for real smoked barbecue in an indoor restaurant for eight years. Yesterday we finally found the best real smoked barbecue in Richmond , Virginia. The Hogshead Cafe on West Broad Street offers real barbecue.If you go be prepared to stand in line waiting for a table.The wait is well worth it.