“Tremendous!”

Ranked #11 of 1,608 Restaurants in Richmond
florida
“Tremendous!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Delicious home cooking-one of the best meals I've ever had! BBQ ribs, pulled pork and excellent home made sides accompanied by wonderful lemon aid and lime aid. All followed up by a choice of great desserts.

Galloway, New Jersey
“Excellent barbecue”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Best barbecue restaurant in Richmond. We were in town for a baseball tournament and tried a few different places. The ribs and chicken wings were awesome. I will definitely be back!

2 Thank Mike D
Richmond, Virginia
“Too good- too much!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent BBQ. Homemade blackberry cobbler to die. Even the side salad was tasty. Very small place. Maybe seats 30. Sat at the 2top right by the door but didn't care. Food and service were both excellent. We will certainly be back.

California
“Believe the Reviews! This BBQ Rules!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I turned to Trip Advisor to find a place to stop for lunch in Richmond during a recent road trip. When Hogs Head Cafe came up, I was a little hesitant to believe that a BBQ place would be the best Richmond has to offer, but my husband loves BBQ, so I decided it would be worth checking out. We arrived for lunch around 12:30pm and it was packed, with a wait outside. The location threw us off a bit and I found myself questioning our decision as we waited about 30 minutes for a seat. Well, let me say that we were more than pleased with our selection once we ate! We ordered hush puppies to start, and they were without a doubt the best hush puppies I've ever had. They were the perfect size and the perfect flavor. What a great start! For my lunch entree, I chose the pulled pork plate with buttered beans and squash bake. The pulled pork was tender, juicy, and just seemed to melt in my mouth. I loved their BBQ sauce. The squash bake was my favorite side, though not as good as those delicious hush puppies. The portions were huge for lunch, but it was hard not to eat the whole thing! My husband tried the "Hog Dog", and he loved it. Even though he normally hates cole slaw, he said the combination of flavors was perfect, and though it was very filling, he was glad that he tried it! We definitely didn't have room for dessert, but we now know why this is the #1 spot in Richmond. Their food is fantastic! Believe the reviews, HogsHead Cafe definitely exceeded our expectations!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MakingMemories317
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We were driving through Richmond tonight on our way to Washington DC. We decided to stop at the Boar's Head Café for dinner because of the great reviews. There were so many choices to make everything sounded delicious. My husband ordered the wedge salad the brisket and the scalloped potatoes. Everything was done to perfection the taste was amazing. My daughter and I both had the cheesesteak with the broccoli bake. I would order the same again in a heartbeat. She want you to know that if you love cheese and broccoli you're going to love the broccoli bake. My son had a bacon cheeseburger and french fries. His burger had nice crispy bacon cooked to perfection and his bun was nice and fresh. If you're considering trying Boar's Head Café don't give it a second thought you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank judy w