“One of my Favorite Places” 5 of 5 bubbles

HogsHead Cafe
Ranked #7 of 1,594 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Barbecue, American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
“One of my Favorite Places”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I Love this place. Everything I have had here is Terrific! My favorites are the limeades, corn pudding and the asparagus fries. They make the best Cuban sandwich in Richmond and the banana pudding is to die for. When I go I usually end up getting one of the hot dogs - they are incredible. This is a must when in Richmond.

Mesa, AZ
“Worth getting lost in order to find....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were on vacation in Richmond and my daughter decided on the HogsHead. We went off the directions on the TripAdvisor app and ended up on a private road with huge No Admittance sign on it. Definitely not the right place. We switched to Maps and found we were about 6 miles away from our destination. Hopefully this issue gets fixed (we reported). Once we found the HogsHead and went in, we were relaxed and happy. Small place with tidy tables, we were party number two at about 4:30 on a Friday afternoon. After perusing the drink menu, my husband chose a local draft beer in their quart Mason jar, daughter got the cherry limeaide (delish, she reported) and I had a tea. Our lovely waitress was both attentive and informative, with a thorough and helpful answer for our menu questions. They have the regular menu, then a chalkboard filled up with specials, including special side dishes like corn pudding, sweet potato fries, okra....After taking a while to decide, I got the Shrimp Po'boy, my huband the pulled pork sandwich, my daughter the bbq chicken sandwich. They each came with a side, hubby and I got the corn pudding, daughter chose the homemade mac 'n cheese (hers also came with a cole slaw she had to share with all of us, it was that good). We started out with fried pickles, yum!! They were spears and the breading was just perfect. Our dinners were outstanding! Delicious and fresh bread, lots of fillings in all of our sandwiches. Good thing we were hungry, they were large portions. About 5:10 people started showing up and the seats were all occupied within just a few minutes. Very glad we got there before the rush. Wish we lived near by, we'd be there frequently. However, Arizona is much too far away. Hello to our lovely waitress!! I'm sorry I forgot your name, but I know you like to read these!!

Chesterfield, VA
“Central Virginia's Best Comfort Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our most recent visit to Hogs Head Cafe was for dinner. The food was wonderful as usual. Our table ordered hushpuppies and onion rings as appetizers. Two members of our party ordered the build your own burger. The burgers were served on pretzel buns with perfectly crispy bacon. The other member of our group ordered the sampler platter which included a huge 1/2 rack of ribs, pulled pork, and two sides. The sides are a Southerners dream come true...mac & cheese, collards, and sweet potato fries to name a few. The sweet potato fries are served with an amazing maple dipping glaze. Plus, they have wonderful desserts...peanut butter pie is awesome. Would suggest dining in the late afternoon before the dinner rush as the restaurant is very small.

• Visited August 2014
Mechanicsville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best barbecue in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Last night my friend and I went to the HogsHead Café. They were very busy and we sat at the bar and ordered a beer and food. I had a half rack of ribs with corn pudding and beans and my friend had a half rack of ribs and grilled shrimp with onion rings and squash casserole. Our waitress was very helpful with ordering and made us feel at home. The meal was out of this world. We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Timothy G
Lexington, Kentucky
“Glad we stopped”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stopped at the HogsHead Cafe on our way home from the beach a couple of weeks ago. We arrived as soon as they opened for lunch which was a good thing. There isn't much seating available and the place filled quickly. The Hog Dog was HUGE and delicious. Service was quick and friendly, even when they started to get really busy. Would definitely go again if we are in the area.

• 3 of 5 bubbles