Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area
Ranked #37 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The biggest asset of this hotel is the staff. Everyone from the desk clerks to the maintenance staff to the housekeepers is very friendly and goes out of his or her way to
make you feel welcome. The rooms are spacious and very clean, and the bathrooms are spotless. I have stayed here several times and have found that the rooms facing Gaskins Road are the quietest. My previous stay was in a room overlooking the pool,
and there were noisy kids there quite late. The breakfast is adequate, but the coffee is delicious and is served in the lobby all day. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to
anyone looking for a comfortable room at a reasonable price and above average
service. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Debra57726

Reviewed 27 February 2011

Goal: "Provide a modern, clean, comfortable room at a fair price using a professional, friendly and courteous staff."
To reach this goal, these folks need a HUGE assist. The only think modern is their room entry system,m but our disappointment withtheir tube TVs and a loud and inefficient HVAC system paled in comparison to our issues with NO HOT WATER. We had 18 rooms booked for a hockey event, and no one had hot water between 7 and 8:30 AM. I was told by the front desk that "all of the boys" took showers at the same time, yet oddly, none had hot water so someone else must have used it! We had a FRACTION of the total # of rooms in the hotel booked, so if they were at capacity, i'd imagne there would be an even bigger problem! Our team stayed at the Fairfield Inn in the same parking lot on an earlier trip and that was $10 less per night for nicer rooms and HOT SHOWERS!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank hockeytraveler43
Reviewed 13 May 2010

That blizzard before Christmas of 2009 hit as I was heading up I-95. It was travelling north as I was, and as there was a state of emergency declared on the interstates, I stayed there for two nights, driving around to christmas shop during the snowy day. (jeep).. So this hotel was flexible to its canceling customers who could not make it due to the snow, and they were also flexible to me when I wasn't sure if I was going to stay an extra night or not. (Ended up staying the extra night.) Chocolate chip cookies in the lobby at night and the typical HI-Express breakfast, which I decided to skip because there was a cracker barrel across the road calling my name for brunch. The staff are attentive, friendly, and I always feel welcomed here.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank andogg
Reviewed 15 March 2009

Went for a soccer tournament that is held in the area every year. We had close to 20 rooms. Staff was rude, ill prepared, elevator did not work, shower would not go on because no pressure, shared the hotel with a group of dog owners sometimes 2 dogs to a room, St. Bernard type dogs HUGE. It was rainy and miserable so they got wet and smelled. A list of other things that went wrong....Too long to explain.... I travel alot and very rarely complain, because you can always find something wrong. But this was just miserable to go along with the weather and the management of this hotel. HAVE FUN!!!!

Stayed: March 2009
2  Thank harpo3
Reviewed 20 February 2009

This is a very nice hotel. Beds were very comfortable and we received a veyr good rate. The staff was very nice to us. The parking lot was very full on the nights we stayed here, but the location is great. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank themooresangel61
Reviewed 22 October 2008

This hotel provides nice accommodations including a spacious room, plasma TV, recliner, and a large, in-room business desk. Our room fronted Gaskins Ave, which is the exit off I-64 where the hotel is. Despite being a busy street, the room was nice and quiet inside. Our mattress and bed linens appeared to be almost brand new.

Breakfast was OK. There is a selection of hot and cold items. We were about an hour's drive from Monticello and the other historical sites in Charlottesville. This was a very acceptable alternative to trying to find a room in Charlottesville on a UVA home football weekend.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Buckeye_Pete
Reviewed 14 January 2008

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Innsbrook for a girls spa weekend away. A college friend and I met in Richmond for a spa day at the Elizabeth Arden Spa at Short Pump Town Center. We chose this hotel because it was 3 miles from the spa and town center and for the location off I-64.

Check in was a breeze and our room was ready to go. The room was clean and adequate. One definate plus was that the room had a refridgerator and microwave. This was great for leftovers.

Beds were confortable and there was plenty of space for all of our things. The shower had nice pressure and was clean. The only problem we encountered was that our drain was clogged. So the first day when showering the tub fills up and takes a long time to drain. We let the front desk know about the problem and it was taken care of by the time we got back that afternoon.

Breakfast is included and they have a very nice spread with a staff member dedicated to refilling and keeping everything clean. An assortment of juices, milk, bagels, muffins fruit, french toast, cereals, biscuits and gravy and warm cinnabuns made up the spread and everything tasted great.

The hotel is in a great location right off of I-64 and very easy to get to. There is plenty of parking and it's located right next to a restaurant and across the street from Cracker Barrel. We did pass many other hotels closer to Short Pump Town Center, but this location worked fine for us. We would absolutely stay here again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank ach0717
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
#1 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area? Share your experiences!