“Good Place to Stay”

Ranked #36 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Richmond, Virginia
“Good Place to Stay”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I live in Richmond but stayed here for 4 nights in July while having some repair work done at home. This is a nifty, clean, and well run hotel. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The free breakfast is a little weak, as these things tend to be, but there is a Starbucks across the street. The hotel welcomes pets for a very reasonable extra fee but it appears to limit the number of pets on site at any given time. Guests with pets seem to be assigned rooms in one part of the hotel only, leaving the rest of the hotel relatively pet free. I have a small beagle so I was glad for the pet policy but I understand not everyone likes to be around pets. This way, everyone's happy! O'Charley's Restaurant is next to the hotel. Although the hotel is easy on/off I-64 and Broad Street, it's very quiet. Short Pump Town Center and the many higher end strip malls that surround it are nearby. I'd readily recommend this hotel to any friends or relatives visiting the area. Richmond itself (historical sites, etc.) is about 12 miles east of here down I-64 (easy drive) or, if you like traffic, Broad Street. The University of Richmond is about 5-6 miles from here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul_in_VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This seemed like a brand new place. Rooms were big and bathrooms were clean, with luxury-type towels! Small, raggedy towels are a pet peeve, but not here. Front desk staff very nice and accomodating - gave me free water bottles and let me use their printer. Great FULL breakfast - not just Continental. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank quakerreader
California
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Very clean hotel. AAA rate was. 89.99 and worth it. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Room had free wifi, fridge, microwave. Beds and pillows were vey comfortable. Nice size rooms. I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank rose1507
Farmville, Virginia
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The biggest asset of this hotel is the staff. Everyone from the desk clerks to the maintenance staff to the housekeepers is very friendly and goes out of his or her way to
make you feel welcome. The rooms are spacious and very clean, and the bathrooms are spotless. I have stayed here several times and have found that the rooms facing Gaskins Road are the quietest. My previous stay was in a room overlooking the pool,
and there were noisy kids there quite late. The breakfast is adequate, but the coffee is delicious and is served in the lobby all day. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to
anyone looking for a comfortable room at a reasonable price and above average
service. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Debra57726
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Goal: "Provide a modern, clean, comfortable room at a fair price using a professional, friendly and courteous staff."
To reach this goal, these folks need a HUGE assist. The only think modern is their room entry system,m but our disappointment withtheir tube TVs and a loud and inefficient HVAC system paled in comparison to our issues with NO HOT WATER. We had 18 rooms booked for a hockey event, and no one had hot water between 7 and 8:30 AM. I was told by the front desk that "all of the boys" took showers at the same time, yet oddly, none had hot water so someone else must have used it! We had a FRACTION of the total # of rooms in the hotel booked, so if they were at capacity, i'd imagne there would be an even bigger problem! Our team stayed at the Fairfield Inn in the same parking lot on an earlier trip and that was $10 less per night for nicer rooms and HOT SHOWERS!!!!

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank hockeytraveler43
North Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2010

That blizzard before Christmas of 2009 hit as I was heading up I-95. It was travelling north as I was, and as there was a state of emergency declared on the interstates, I stayed there for two nights, driving around to christmas shop during the snowy day. (jeep).. So this hotel was flexible to its canceling customers who could not make it due to the snow, and they were also flexible to me when I wasn't sure if I was going to stay an extra night or not. (Ended up staying the extra night.) Chocolate chip cookies in the lobby at night and the typical HI-Express breakfast, which I decided to skip because there was a cracker barrel across the road calling my name for brunch. The staff are attentive, friendly, and I always feel welcomed here.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank andogg
Kennet Square
Reviewed 15 March 2009

Went for a soccer tournament that is held in the area every year. We had close to 20 rooms. Staff was rude, ill prepared, elevator did not work, shower would not go on because no pressure, shared the hotel with a group of dog owners sometimes 2 dogs to a room, St. Bernard type dogs HUGE. It was rainy and miserable so they got wet and smelled. A list of other things that went wrong....Too long to explain.... I travel alot and very rarely complain, because you can always find something wrong. But this was just miserable to go along with the weather and the management of this hotel. HAVE FUN!!!!

Stayed March 2009
2 Thank harpo3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump
Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area? Share your experiences!