“Lifesaver During Hurricane Irene”

Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area
Ranked #36 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lifesaver During Hurricane Irene”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We had to book a hotel last minute in Richmond to escape Hurricane Irene. The only thing I could find was the Comfort Inn by the Airport in Sandston, so I booked it. My husband absolutely refused to stay there, it was disgusting. So I found the number for the Holiday Inn Express which was about 10 minutes away. I called and the friendly staff rescued us from hell, they even gave me directions over the phone. The best part is they accepted our two dogs and gave us a military discount which included not paying for our pets. The hotel is beautiful and so clean. It was jammed packed with people, and their dogs, who were escaping the storm. We never lost electricity. The restaurant was packed but good. I am so grateful that these folks were able to make our stay comfortable during such a hectic time. The staff was amazing!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dvldlphn32

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tipton, PA
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We stayed here one night on our way from PA to SC. Nice, clean newer hotel and was able to get a great rate using Priceline name your own price option. I have found the Holiday Inn Express Hotels that I've stayed in to be consistent in upkeep and cleanliness. It isn't anything fancy or luxurious but you don't expect that at this price point. Great place to sleep while on the road.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Romulus, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here while visting our son at the University of Richmond. Location is less than 10 minutes away from campus. While this is not the closest hotel to campus, it was probably the best overall we have stayed at in the past 3 years while visiting (usually 3-4 visits per year). The front desk and other staff that we encountered were the friendliest we have experienced on our visits there. The room was typical of other hotels of its type (Hampton, Country Inn & Suites, etc.), nothing extraordinary, but clean and comfortable. Breakfast quality was a bit above average for hotels of its type with the choices of bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, toast, bagels, etc. They had a pancake machine instead of Belgian Waffle maker. Not a lot in healthy choices, however, other than yogurt and bananas. I would have liked more fruit options, but the choices were similar to other hotels of its type. For the price we got on this trip, I'd say value was excellent compared to other options in the area. You are also only about 5 minutes from the Short Pump area, where there are lots restaurants, shopping etc.

There is a Westin, Embassy Suites, and others a bit closer close to campus, but unless you have to have a bar and restaurant on site, this hotel's rooms are plenty nice enough for most anyone staying for a few days. Use what you save on a nice dinner!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Cayugadave
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 April 2012

While travelling through Virginia we needed a room for the night so we stopped at this HolidayInn Express. We did not have reservations but there was availability. We have never stayed at a HolidayInn Express before and were surprised at the exellant accommidations and pleasant staff. The hotel served a free continental breakfast buffet which again was very nice. i would definately reccommend this hotel if you are in the area. It is right off of interstate 64 hith plenty of resturants and shopping in the area.

Room Tip: Book ahead if possible. They fill up fast.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Perfect location, the gentleman working late at night was very friendly and helpful, and the room was spotless clean. Even the housekeeping staff was friendly. We make this trip a lot and will be using this hotel as much as possible

• Stayed April 2012
New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 April 2012

On the road looking at U of Richmond with our son and stayed here one night. With the AAA rate it was a real bargin. Loved the staff - Joanne is the best and so if Wanda. Clean, spacious, comfortable with a super breakfast. Gym and pool are next door at the Fairfield Inn. Would stay here anytime.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank David S
NC
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Friendly & professional desk staff. Clean facilities & room. Comfortable bed. Good value & easy access.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump
Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area? Share your experiences!