“Reliable HIE Hotel”

Ranked #35 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
scottsdale
“Reliable HIE Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I guess I lucked out. There were no problems. Excellent location. Room service was very good. There was one roach in the bathroom. It was very cooperative. It didn't move while I stomped down on it. There were no other incidents. I suggest O'Charlies right next door. While I was there they had a $9.99 menu which was a terrific value and well prepared. The star of the facility was Lauree taking care of the breakfast area. She is not only super friendly but very efficient. She made the start of the day wonderful. Helped me forget about the heat and humidity I would soon experience. The workout room was in the hotel next door but worth the short walk.
I stay in many HIE's and i will continue to do so. They are very reliable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dontcallmeillcallyou
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear dontcallmeillcallyou,

We appreciate you reviewing our hotel and sharing feedback regarding your stay. I'm glad to read that you had a great stay overall and found our service efficient, as well as that you could take advantage of the complimentary access to the fitness center next door. I do apologize for the roach, cleanliness is one of our biggest priorities and I will pass your review on for discussion to maintain the cleanest environment we can. Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Richmond.

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Edisto Island, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel one night over the Memorial Day weekend. We were attending a party for a friend and needed a convenient place to stay near Shortpump. Check in was great very friendly front desk personnel. The hotel was quiet, clean with the exception of a long hair left under the soap in the tub.. But I am not one to hold that one slip up against a place. .. Beware the safety coating on the tub will nearly scrape the skin off your bum! ... The room was spacious, the ac worked well and there was the convenience also of the micro fridge. My one disparaging remark is one I consider a biggie... The pillows need replacing badly ! What we had were four pillows w hundreds of small lumps !!!!! Impossible for management to miss if really on top of things.. We didn't partake in the free breakfast so can't comment on that.. Web preferred the Starbucks right across the parking lot! There is also an OCharlies restaurant across the parking lot as well .. Location to interstate was great! All in all this is an average to slightly above average HIE. I would stay again given the convenience of the location but I would def bring my own pillow !!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank patty w
Dear vagabondCvilleva,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and found our location to be very convenient for your needs. We do appreciate your feedback as well and I will pass your comments on to our General Manager for discussion - if you'd like to discuss any of it further, please get in touch with me at the number below. Otherwise, I hope that next time you'll be able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and we hope to see you again soon!

(434) 822-2161
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

microwaves and fridges in the rooms plus complimentary breakfast is a plus, very friendly staff, clean rooms and right off the highway. I recommend this hotel, if you are in Richmond West. Rates are also accessible. Well maintained.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank JustLes27
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear JustLes27,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed many of our amenities & complimentary breakfast and that you found our location so convenient. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

While our stay in the final room was ended up in was clean and comfortable, the others before it seemed to require minor repairs. We had to change rooms 2 times upon check-in as the first room the water regulation in the bathroom faucet sink was stuck on hot only and the second room the light switch would not turn on. These were not major things, but a little attention to the detail on the behalf of the staff would have benefited the stay. The third room did have an issue with the light by the bed that the PM staff did not understand, but the AM maintenance man repaired it quickly on request while we were out. The breakfast and amenities were good and up to the Holiday Inn express standard. If you decide to stay here I would only suggest that you check over the water and light switches before you settle in.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lizzy2005
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear lizzy2005,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your stay and I'd like to apologize for the issues you encountered with our guest rooms. However, I am happy to see that you ended up in a room that met your expectations and the light issues were quickly fixed - we do welcome your feedback and will discuss it so we can try to avoid similar issues for our future guests. If you'd like to discuss your experience further, please get in touch with me at the number below. Thanks again for your review and we do hope you'll choose us again the next time you visit Richmond.

(434) 822-2161
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was here with my teenaged son and his soccer team for a recent weekend. This hotel was exceptionally clean, the bed was comfortable and the room layout very convenient (nice desk, new tv, microwave, fridge). There is no fitness center on the premises but guests can use the fitness center at one of the adjoining hotels(for free) or drive to the "Y" a few miles away. There is a Starbucks across the street and many good restaurants in the area. My son liked the free breakfast!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear dysphorichousewife,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express and I hope your son's team did well while you were here! We are indeed right by Starbucks and many other restaurants so I'm happy to hear you could take advantage of our location and that you enjoyed our amenities and complimentary breakfast so much. Thanks again & we hope to see you the next time you're in Richmond!

hampton Roads
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have stayed here multiple times for business. Most recent was this week.

Evening desk staff was very polite and helpful.

Consistent location . Clean and convenient to Innsbrook and Short Pump.

Couple of restaurant choices near by.

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the back side away from gaskins road
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank w8n4simplertimes
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Dear w8n4simplertimes,

It's always great to hear from our repeat guests. I'm glad to hear that you find our staff helpful and the location great. We are indeed near many restaurants and shopping locations so there is always plenty to do. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we'll see you on your next visit!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

My family recently stayed at this property when visiting the Richmond area. Our experience with this hotel was wonderful. The property was well maintained and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was one of the best we've had at a hotel. The value was great. We will defiantly use and recommend this property to others!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Michele A
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear Michele A,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property and am glad to hear that you had a great experience. We take pride in the service of our staff and appreciate recognition for their work. We look forward to your next stay at our hotel!

www.dalyseven.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area? Share your experiences!