“Good All Around”

Ranked #34 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
York, Pennsylvania
“Good All Around”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Family stayed overnight in two rooms paid for with rewards points... rooms were on the same floor just a few doors from each other. Pillows were somewhat lacking, very small for a king size bed... and you're each provided one "soft" and one "firm" per side. They both felt the same to me. Concrete floors/ceilings made for a quiet room on the 2nd floor, with no discernible noises coming from the room directly above.

Room Tip: End of halls are best for quietness.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Jeff E,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express. While I'm glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay overall, I do apologize for the inconvenience regarding our pillows and our team will be sure to discuss your comments as we aim to provide the most comfortable experience we can. Otherwise, we are happy to hear your stay was a quiet one. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you during your next visit to the area!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have to say I was very impressed with this Holiday Inn Express.
The rooms were very nice and clean. Thank you to Joanne at the front desk for being so nice and making sure we had everything we needed. Thanks to Lori for making sure we had a nice breakfast each morning. Such a sweet lady. I will stay there again. Great location! Close to everything.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear WB1516,

Thank you for your review and I'm delighted to read that you had a great all-around stay! We're also glad you found our staff so friendly and accommodating and that our location was so convenient for your needs. Thanks again and we can't wait for your next visit!

Christiansburg, Virginia
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I actually made a reservation with Fairfield online, got my confirmation, etc. When I arrived, I had no room there; however, they had saved a room at this holiday inn (also a Marriott hotel) for me. While I truly appreciated this, I would have rather received a phone call so I could make other arrangements. I typically don't love most Holiday Inns when I stay there. This is the average Holiday Inn. Check in was slow but very friendly. My room (134) was not great. The carpet was actually sticky and felt so weird that I kept my shoes on, and the bathtub drain was somehow broken. The pillows were not great, either. I did have the breakfast, and it was pretty good - standard hotel breakfast buffet. I did notice the employee who was there working at the buffet sat at a table reading a kindle or iPad of some sort for almost the entire time I was there... Unusual, but maybe that's allowed though if nothing pressing needs to be done. Overall, I'm quite disappointed in the whole reservation snafu and not getting a phone call from Fairfield when the problem was noticed. This must be a Marriott web site issue that allows booking a room despite the hotel already being fully booked.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Kimberly3810
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Kimberly3810,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and for the room conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I want to assure you that the issues you have raised about the carpet and the bathtub drain will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I confirmed my reservation numerous times, both online as well as with a member of the front desk staff. Two beds were necessary and had they not been available I would have booked elsewhere. I was assured the room would have two beds and be in non-smoking. When I arrived I was given a room with one double bed. I spoke with the front desk staff and said that was all they had. When asked why I was not called and notified of the change to my reservation I was not given an answer. They offered a rollaway bed which hardly even fit in the room, HUGE fire code and safety issue. After driving for over 8 hours and having to drive even more the next day, as well as having a bad back, this was unacceptable. The girl at the front desk when I checked in was polite and friendly but did not seem to have much knowledge regarding hotel procedures. However, the front desk agent I had spoken with on the phone the day before was extremely rude and unprofessional. I have stayed numerous times at the #1 Holiday Inn Express in North America and now I truly understand why it ranks where it does, especially if all of the others are run the same way as this one.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kj3083
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Kj3083,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel; I'd like to sincerely apologize for the mix-up regarding your reservation and for the inconvenience caused, as well as that our staff was not able to resolve the situation to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves in providing great service and our team will discuss your review immediately to improve the way we handle such situations in the future. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below. I am glad to see, however, that you rated our location and cleanliness highly and hope that you will give us another opportunity on your next trip to Richmond to show how much we value our guests. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

(434) 822-2161
scottsdale
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I guess I lucked out. There were no problems. Excellent location. Room service was very good. There was one roach in the bathroom. It was very cooperative. It didn't move while I stomped down on it. There were no other incidents. I suggest O'Charlies right next door. While I was there they had a $9.99 menu which was a terrific value and well prepared. The star of the facility was Lauree taking care of the breakfast area. She is not only super friendly but very efficient. She made the start of the day wonderful. Helped me forget about the heat and humidity I would soon experience. The workout room was in the hotel next door but worth the short walk.
I stay in many HIE's and i will continue to do so. They are very reliable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dontcallmeillcallyou
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear dontcallmeillcallyou,

We appreciate you reviewing our hotel and sharing feedback regarding your stay. I'm glad to read that you had a great stay overall and found our service efficient, as well as that you could take advantage of the complimentary access to the fitness center next door. I do apologize for the roach, cleanliness is one of our biggest priorities and I will pass your review on for discussion to maintain the cleanest environment we can. Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Richmond.

Edisto Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel one night over the Memorial Day weekend. We were attending a party for a friend and needed a convenient place to stay near Shortpump. Check in was great very friendly front desk personnel. The hotel was quiet, clean with the exception of a long hair left under the soap in the tub.. But I am not one to hold that one slip up against a place. .. Beware the safety coating on the tub will nearly scrape the skin off your bum! ... The room was spacious, the ac worked well and there was the convenience also of the micro fridge. My one disparaging remark is one I consider a biggie... The pillows need replacing badly ! What we had were four pillows w hundreds of small lumps !!!!! Impossible for management to miss if really on top of things.. We didn't partake in the free breakfast so can't comment on that.. Web preferred the Starbucks right across the parking lot! There is also an OCharlies restaurant across the parking lot as well .. Location to interstate was great! All in all this is an average to slightly above average HIE. I would stay again given the convenience of the location but I would def bring my own pillow !!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank patty w
Dear vagabondCvilleva,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and found our location to be very convenient for your needs. We do appreciate your feedback as well and I will pass your comments on to our General Manager for discussion - if you'd like to discuss any of it further, please get in touch with me at the number below. Otherwise, I hope that next time you'll be able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and we hope to see you again soon!

(434) 822-2161
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

microwaves and fridges in the rooms plus complimentary breakfast is a plus, very friendly staff, clean rooms and right off the highway. I recommend this hotel, if you are in Richmond West. Rates are also accessible. Well maintained.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank JustLes27
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear JustLes27,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed many of our amenities & complimentary breakfast and that you found our location so convenient. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Daly Seven, Inc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area? Share your experiences!