“Clean Room and Nice Breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area
Ranked #34 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Clean Room and Nice Breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed for one night in double room on 3rd floor. We checked the rates on the internet and went to hotel for check in. Was offered a higher rate than was on the internet, however the front desk staff matched the rate. The room was clean and in a convenient location to I95 and the west end of Richmond. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The Hotel hallways and outer areas needed cleaning. The breakfast was good and I thought this hotel was a good value. The front desk person was not courteous when we checked out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear BoydN568,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and are glad you had a good stay overall, though do apologize our service fell a bit short of your expectations; our team will discuss your comments in order to help improve in the future. Otherwise, I'm happy to read your room was comfortable and clean and you felt you received good value for your money. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in Richmond!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Roanoke, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed one night for business and it was snowing this past January. The staff was very courteous and privided us with directions to a really great Mexican restaurant. I've never been to Richmond during any snow storm, but it made for a very pretty view from our window. The room was very clean, modern touches as well. The breakfast was really good and really hit the spot before having to leave. Great job!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear gm3fan4u,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express - we're glad you enjoyed seeing the snow and hope it didn't cause any delays during your trip. I'm happy to read you had a comfortable, clean stay and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town! Thank you again for your feedback.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed for one night in a king room. Check in was smooth (we were allowed to check in early as our room was ready). The bed was very comfortable. There is a mini-fridge and microwave in the room and free wi-fi. Only from reading other reviews did I know that this is a pet friendly hotel. The room was clean and we could not tell. We could smell the order of cigarette smoke in the hallway going to our room but once inside the room, we could not (we stayed on the 4th floor in a non-smoking room). Parking was free.

The location is convenient. It is near the interstate and many restaurants and stores. The restaurant next door gave us a 10% discount for being a guest at the hotel. The restaurant was good and fairly inexpensive. Breakfast in the morning was not expansive but was enough for us to get our day started. We will definitely stay at this hotel again if in the Richmond area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear travelcouple1970,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel - I'm very glad to read you had a clean, comfortable stay and that our location was great for your needs. We are grateful for your high ratings and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Richmond! Thank you again for your comments.

Venice, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

The Holiday Inn is a few miles off I95 and is near a good restaurant and a Starbucks is right across the road
The room was clean and the free breakfast fine to hit the road with...I did get a stronger coffee, for the road, at the Starbucks nearby

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a no smoking floor not just a no smoking room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barbara445
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Barbara445,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express - we're very pleased you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we offer, as well as that our location was convenient for your needs. We appreciate your high ratings across the board and look forward to your next visit! Thanks again for your comments.

New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stopped on our travels south just before Christmas with two teens and a dog. Nice neighborhood, worth the short jaunt over from I-95. First time with a pet so nice to see you would never know it by the cleanliness and quiet of the rooms or the property. Nice restauraunt next door. Good place to stop on your journey; breakfast was decent too. (unlike a lot of other places we stopped on this particular trip). Good choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank madgardener55
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear madgardener55,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and are happy to read you had a very comfortable, clean stay! We're grateful for your high ratings and glad all went well with your pet. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in the area!

Wilmington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express many times. We needed to come to the Richmond area for a family emergency and made a reservation to stay here again. We have two dogs. This Holiday Inn Express has changed the Pet policy the last two times we have stayed there (from one pet fee for all of the pets to a pet fee for each pet). This time they changed the policy to not only a pet fee for each pet but for each day also. We were already upset about the reason that we had to make this trip but with this change the cost was going up greatly. We thought that being return customers they could of honored the last policy we paid but rules are rules and we would have to pay the pet fee for each pet each day. We expected to have to stay about a week. A friend recommended the Residence Inn Richmond Nortwest which is only two short traffic lights away. The Residence Inn could not have been nicer. The Pet fee is one fee regardless of how many pets and only one fee no matter how many days. The staff at the Residence Inn is very nice, the room is great and includes a kitchen. They also serve food specials at night. We saved money staying at the Residence Inn and had a pleasant stay for an unpleasant family emergency. I highly recommend staying at the Residence Inn Richmond Northwest for all Pet travelers.

Room Tip: The tip is to choose the Residence Inn Richmond Northwest. Ask for Miriam she will treat you great.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Susan B
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Susan B,

Thank you for your review as well as staying with us so often in the past. We're so sorry our pet policy falls short of your expectations and will discuss your feedback regarding any future changes. If you would like to discuss further, please reach out to me at the number below. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will allow us the opportunity to win back your business in the future.

(434) 822-2161
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Once my husband and I rescued a Yorkie, we had to find a hotel in our hometown that would accept pets at a reasonable fee. This hotel is it! We pay a $25 fee (plus a $25 deposit, but we always get that back) and little Pickles is able to stay with us. We have been very impressed with this hotel - very clean, AWESOME friendly staff, and very accommodating. My husband always brings breakfast back to us. And they're conscious of what pet owners need - they put everyone on the first floor close to an exit door, that way it's easy to get in and out when it's the furball's time to go out. But, it does NOT smell like pets in this hotel - something that still amazes me each time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Louise B,

Thanks for writing about your experience with us; I'm very glad to hear we've become a great option for you in Richmond and that our staff is always very accommodating. We are grateful for your high ratings across the board and kind words for our staff - thank you again for your comments and we can't wait for your next stay!

Daly Seven, Inc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area? Share your experiences!