“A pleasant stay at a resonable price”

Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area
Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed here one night on a business trip. The bed was comfortable and the hotel quiet; easy to find. Check in was simple. Internet worked! Breakfast was the usual HI affair, but I was on the run so just had a Danish. It was good.

Shower drained well, everything immaculately clean; could not ask for more.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Adam C,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay; I'm delighted to hear you had a quiet, comfortable stay and found everything very clean! It's also great to read you could take advantage of our complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in Richmond!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed one night at this Inn & was greeted very friendly by Miss Markia. She was very helpful & made us feel very welcome. At breakfast Miss Lorie the cook was so nice & her customer service was excellent. Mr. Miller the general manager stopped by our table & we told him this is a very nice place to stay. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Janet M,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express; we really appreciate your kind words for our staff and are happy to read you had a great stay and plan to return! We are grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area. Thank you again for your praise!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This Holiday Inn Express at I-64 and Mayland Drive (take the Gaskins Rd North exit off I-64), is a very clean, orderly and comfortable place to hole up for a night ! Creature comforts abound in clean and comfortable beds, lots of hot water and immaculate rooms. The desk staff are friendly and efficient and you'll be made to feel welcomed when you arrive. Cookies are often found on the counter late evenings so you'll feel like you're at home. Rooms have fridges and microwaves and have flat screen televisions. This hotel is conveniently located near shopping areas, great restaurants (O'Charlies & Cracker Barrel) to name a couple and there's a Starbucks next door !!!! This HI is just a quarter mile from I-64 so is very easy access to and from the main interstate. There's no place like home...except Holiday Inn Express I-64 Northwest at Mayland.

Room Tip: Ground floor offers easy access to the parking lot. All rooms are good !
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Deb S,

Thank you very much for your review and kind words! We're delighted to have succeeded in becoming your home away from home in Richmond. It's great to hear you found our service excellent, your guest room so comfortable, and that our location worked well for your needs! We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and can't wait for your next visit. Thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I arrived at the hotel with no problems, and was welcomed with a wonderful smile and a very joyful WELCOME. The woman (I am sorry I did not remember her name) was so pleasant and cheerful that it just made my day. We had thunderstorms and a tornado watch but the hotel was nice and safe.

They recommended a couple of restaurants and told us that they would give us discounts if we showed our room key, which we did and got 10% off the bill.

The next morning when checking out they recommended the Martin's gorcery store that has a wonderful bakery (I was looking for a cake to celebrate a birthday), and they wre right the cake was delicious.

I would come back to this hotel at any time, it was great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn S
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Lynn S,

We appreciate you reviewing our Holiday Inn Express and are very pleased to hear you had an excellent stay! I'm glad you found our staff friendly and helpful and found a few new places where you could eat and shop. Thanks again for your comments and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here on our way down to South Carolina. The hotel was clean as was the room. The bed was very comfortable and they have Pepsi products on every other floor, which is rather important to me, lol. This hotel is a perfect location. There was an O'Charley's right next to the hotel as well as many other places to dine. We had a late arrival and the front desk was fantastic!! They were the sweetest and nicest people and they were very helpful. I believe the lovely lady's name is Monique. She is fabulous and funny and made our night after having been on the road for eight hours.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear baseballstadiums2013,

Thanks for choosing us for your stopover and taking the time to leave a review! We're delighted you had an excellent stay and appreciate your kind words for our staff. It's also great to hear you had such a comfortable visit and that our location worked well for you. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you pass through Richmond!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stopped here on the way home from Florida even though it was about 10 miles from I95. We were pleasantly surprised by the number of restaurants in the area. Had a very nice room and they allow pets. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Stuart F,

Thanks for going a bit out of the way to choose us and taking the time to leave a review! We're very happy to hear you had an excellent stay and enjoyed the selection of restaurants nearby. We are grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and can't wait to see you the next time you're in the area! Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed for one night in double room on 3rd floor. We checked the rates on the internet and went to hotel for check in. Was offered a higher rate than was on the internet, however the front desk staff matched the rate. The room was clean and in a convenient location to I95 and the west end of Richmond. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The Hotel hallways and outer areas needed cleaning. The breakfast was good and I thought this hotel was a good value. The front desk person was not courteous when we checked out.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear BoydN568,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and are glad you had a good stay overall, though do apologize our service fell a bit short of your expectations; our team will discuss your comments in order to help improve in the future. Otherwise, I'm happy to read your room was comfortable and clean and you felt you received good value for your money. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in Richmond!

Daly Seven, Inc

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
#1 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area? Share your experiences!