“Nice room for a necessary stay outside of Richmond” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area

Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area
Ranked #34 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Virginia
“Nice room for a necessary stay outside of Richmond”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Great breakfast choices...cinnamon buns are great. Have wider choices...pancake making machine, 2 types of sausage etc. Room had plenty of room for us and our dog, including her 4x4 playpen. Only wish was that they had more room for potty...they only have a hill next to highway. So we walked behind the hotel next door.
We were disturbed the 2nd night at 2 am by a domestic outside the side of the hotel and thus right in front of our window.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Amy J,

We appreciate you reviewing your visit and are glad you had a good stay overall! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the variety of our breakfast choices, but do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. Our team will discuss your comments to ensure we do a better job of providing a quiet stay for our guests. Otherwise, we thank you again for your comments and hope to see you the next time you're in the area!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

This was a quick business stay. I believe Holiday Inn Express are the best for these type of trips. Easy check in. Very professional front desk staff. Nice and quiet. Good night sleep. My only minor complaint is that the breakfast was sub par...Guess that's why it is free & it is very hard to complain about something free.

Room Tip: Might want to skip the free breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Scott W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express; I'm pleased to hear we lived up to your expectations and you enjoyed your stay! We do apologize, however, that our complimentary breakfast fell a bit short of your needs and will further discuss your comments. Otherwise, thanks again for your praise and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Richmond!

Northern VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have tried several hotels in Richmond and never felt like I found one I'd consider coming back to until I stayed here. It's in a very quiet location with no street noise. The mattress and pillows were super comfortable. For the first time in many years, I slept like a rock in a hotel room. Breakfast was delicious and all the staff were very attentive. I look forward to staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Annie22311
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Annie22311,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express; I'm very happy to read you've found your new home away from home in Richmond & felt you received excellent value for your money! We are grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and can't wait for your next visit. Thanks again for your praise!

lansing mi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Pros: nice staff, clean, comfortable bed, excellent location. Cons: very very dated. No fitness room (they sent me to the Fairfield next door which had a line for the one treadmill that worked), there are smoking rooms and they put me in one after the only room left was on first floor with a window to a chair directly in front of the pool... not happening for a single female traveling alone... when I got back from dinner loud people were at the pool- glad I moved, TV - only a few channels had a signal and so many didn't work. Overall - I'd only stay here again in case of emergency.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
2 Thank daphne r
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear daphne r,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express. While I'm glad to hear you found our staff friendly and your room clean and comfortable, I do apologize that some of our amenities and facilities fell short of your expectations and will pass your feedback onto our team for further discussion and improvement. If you'd like to discuss anything more, please feel free to give me a call at the number below. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you'll allow us another chance to give you a great stay the next time you're in town.

(434) 822-2161
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

It is clear the ownership of this hotel is not supporting its generally very dedicated staff by insuring basics are attended to. In general, we found the staff, particularly the housekeepers and a clerk named Monique, to be very friendly and conscientious. On the other hand, the repeated breakdowns of the printer in the Business Center were a major turnoff. The housekeeping staff is very shorthanded to the point rooms are sometimes not made up until late afternoon. In short, they need more staff. Because of the printer issues, a desk clerk attempted to printed out plane boarding passes for us and could not complete this simple task. Some of their clientele are smokers, and one night a guest was smoking outside the side entrance, which he had propped open, causing obnoxious second hand smoke to waft into our room as well as the interior corridor. I believe the desk clerk did take care of this problem. Rooms are very comfortable and we enjoyed the breakfast. As a Hilton Honors member, I would say this hotel has a ways to go before it can come close to what we normally receive at Hampton Inn, and I have to fault management and ownership for this. This hotel has a lot of potential, but it unfortunately comes up short.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank maryanddave
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear maryanddave,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. While we're glad to hear you found our staff friendly and helpful, we do apologize for the inconveniences you ran into - ensuring a clean environment is a priority so I will pass your comments onto our corporate team for further discussion; we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you'd like to discuss anything more, please feel free to reach to me at the number below. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to have another chance in the future to give you a great stay.

(434) 822-2161
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I'm 61 and my wife is 52 which I think helps to know when reading a review. Friendly helpful staff at the hotel. Room was very clean and good value for price paid. Stayed in a room with two double beds. Free Wi-Fi on all floors and hardwired computers available on the first. We did not use. Nice 32" flat screen TV with HBO. Lots of hot water and good pressure in the shower. The shower head is adjustable by turning the outer band. Some shower head selections were more useful for getting shampoo out of my hair. We stayed on a Sunday in room 310 and it was very quiet. My wife liked the beds but I found them a little too firm. Tripadvisor lists a weight room but I did not see it. We did not use them, but there is one washer and one dryer on the 2nd floor and each costs two dollars per load. The standard vending and ice machines are available. Oddly Coke and Pepsi products are on different floors. The pool is outside, we prefer inside, but it was broken during our visit. We could have used the indoor pool next door at the Fairfield Inn but did not. Breakfast had a wide selection of hot and cold items available and was very good. Being from Georgia, I especially liked the biscuits and gravy. O'Charleys restaurant is a 200 ft walk outside the back door and you get a 10% discount by showing your room key. See my positive review for this on TripAdvisor. If you prefer going out to eat head down W. Broad St a couple miles down the road. There is just about any fast food restaurant and any type of sit down restaurant you could want to try. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Turn outer ring on shower head to select different modes. Washer and dryer available for $2 each on...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank harpmike
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear harpmike,

Thanks for writing a detailed review of our Holiday Inn Express - we're glad you had a great visit and enjoyed many of the amenities we offer! While we do not offer a fitness room, our guests are welcome to use the one at our sister property next door; feel free to inquire at our front desk if interested on future visits. Otherwise, thank you again for your comments and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in Richmond!

Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our stop was the HIE off the Staples Mill Road exit of I-64, not the HIE closer to U of Richmond. This stop was a last minute audible on a long drive. The location setting was a bit commercial, office building across the street and a strip mall behind the parking lot, but it was convenient for our short stay needs. Front desk gave a good dinner suggestion for what we were seeking. The hotel offers a Thursday night Manager's Reception 5 till 7 PM and a self-serve breakfast, which included a waffle griddle and other warm food options. The staff was friendly, beds were comfortable, the room was clean and the rate was reasonable. This hotel efficiently met out needs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Dear Bob K,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel; I'm very pleased to hear our location worked well for your needs and our staff was able to help you discover a new favorite restaurant! It's also good to read you had a comfortable, clean stay overall. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area!

Daly Seven, Inc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
No photo provided
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
No photo provided

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area? Share your experiences!