“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

Ranked #57 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Doylestown
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We spent one night here on our way to NC. Our room was not clean......louvered closet door had chunks of dust on it, something was splashed on the full length mirror and front of the refrigerator, there was crumpled up paper and sunflower seed shells shoved under the sofa. The cushion on the chair was stained on one side and had a hole in the other side. The sofa fabric was ripped and soiled. The furniture looked like it had been recovered from a junk yard. The one positive is that the bed linens were clean.....although the top sheet was thread bare. We mentioned all of the above at check out and the response was "oh, I will have the supervisor check it." Oh, by the way, this was an "upgraded room" according to the desk clerk!

Room Tip: Just avoid this place!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Grace M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Whiting, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We were given a suite for the single room roomsaver.com coupon. The room was gracious. The king sized bed was comfortable and the room had been recently renovated. The free breakfast was adequate, but not bountiful. I would suggest adding a microwave at the breakfast. We would return to this hotel since it is on the route 95 passage to Florida.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2joy
North Jersey
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed here on our way down to South Carolina. We were looking for a relatively inexpensive, clean hotel to stay at that had no issues with us checking in late at night. We arrived at 1:30am and the hotel staff were very accommodating. We had two rooms and the key didn't work for one but they quickly put us into another room.

Overall the rooms were relatively clean. It was nicer than I expected it to be. The bathroom had a little mold in the shower but not enough to make us not use it. The hotel offered a free breakfast and it was standard breakfast food (waffles, eggs, sausage, toast/bagels, oatmeal, and coffee).

The hotel is right off 95 so it was easy on/off and perfect for the price that we paid (I think $66 a night). My only complaint would be mushy pillows. My husband loves soft pillows and I prefer the firm ones so it worked out nicely for him.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SweetCatastrophe
Martinsburg, WV
Reviewed 24 October 2011

While traveling with some friends, we booked two rooms for about $60-70/each. The lobby was clean and staff was......okay. My room was fine, nothing fancy, not the cleanest, but I wasn't expecting a 4 star hotel. Friends ended up requesting a room change because theirs smelled like smoke. Breakfast in the morning was fine by me. Again, nothing extravagant, but pretty good. I rate it as average because that's what it is. I wasn't paying over $100/night, so I wasn't expecting that kind of experience. All in all, I felt like we got what we paid for. If you want a 4 star hotel, go somewhere else and pay $150/night. If you want a decent place to sleep with breakfast in the morning, this hotel will do. Finally, conveniently located right off I-95.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank scottmpd28
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel while visiting friends in the area. It was an "ok" experience and I would consider going back. We got a great "last minute" deal from the Country Inn and Suites website - so I can't complain. The area surrounding the hotel was an older area but there was a gas station next door and some fast food options. Down the main road there are a lot of major chain restaurants.
Overall the hotel was average. I expected a little more from a Country Inn & Suites. The rooms were in need of updating but the staff was VERY nice and accomodating and the room was clean.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DisneyTravelMom5113
north haledon, nj
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We loved it, We stayed there last year for 2 nites and will be returning to the same hotel next week on our trip back from Myrtle Beach. / Half way from Nj to Myrtle ,, Right off of Rt 95. Rooms are beautifully decorated and have all the amentites you could need. Very reasonable for such a nice hotel... Paid $64.00 which is unbelievable for a hotel of this quality. Has the free breakfast with waffles , eggs etc...Great

Room Tip: Had some great 30% discount for last minute rates.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Lynewolf
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Our large family,14 of us, used this hotel as a home while we prepared for our son's wedding. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Them went above and beyond our expectations. We stayed in king suites which were perfect for our large family. The pool and exercise room were well maintained. The location of this hotel was excellent. Near the highway, several restaurants and department stores. The breakfast was phenomenal. If you ever visit the Richmond area you should choose this hotel to stay in. The stress of having a wedding was minimized by the hospitality of those who worked in this facility. Thank you!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nedasharon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Sleep Inn
Knights Inn Richmond Chester
#56 of 81 in Richmond
Country Inn & Suites Chester
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South? Share your experiences!