“Very disappointed”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South
Ranked #59 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 20 June 2014

As much as my family loved the County Inn & Suites in other places, like Williamsburg, VA, for instance --- this one just did not deliver. The bathtub shower is dangerous - a fall hazard.

Nothing was up to par... from the counter staff, to the room, to the breakfast, to having no pool or whirlpool... just nothing was anywhere near to what we expected. Sorry to be negative - but this was a very disappointing stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ed M
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Ed M,

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was my first stay at a Country Inn & Suites and we stayed here on our way to Virginia Beach. We did not have a reservation, but picked up a travel booklet at a rest stop and chose this hotel from there. Upon entering to check if there were rooms available, I was told by Megan (sp?) that there was one suite available at a rate of $105 for the night. I walked out and checked it with the family and got the ok. When I came back in (carrying my travel booklet), she said with the coupon the price would be $79. KUDOS to her for giving us the discount!. For that rate, this hotel was great - nothing spectacular, but good for the price. The shower wasn't hot enough for my husband and the tub had NO non-slip surface which is a bit scary. The breakfast was awesome (better than some Holiday Inns), the suite comfortable. Staff were not overly friendly, but we had no issues. Excellent location directly off of 95. A bit difficult to find somewhere to deliver pizza. Nicely decorated, great parking, good location. Good choice!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BillieGirl20
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

As the title says. Walked in the room it felt humid the floors and bed felt wet but it was late so we stayed by the morning I was wheezing. I sprained my ankle because the tub wasn't flat at all and we found the source of the mildew it was coming from under the tub which was all pipes and lead directly to the ground with grass and everything! Horrible never go there!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah C
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Sarah C,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn and Suites standards.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I am generally very pleased with the Country Inn and Suites chain- find them clean, updated and comfortable. Not so with this location. I suspect it had been a more discounted chain in the past- but it does not live up to the standard. No pool, hot tub, or fitness room. Room and bathroom not that clean- carpet wet, dirty grout in bathroom, unfinished baseboard, large bug found in room. Very tiny room and even the lobby was so small it was difficult to get through with a luggage cart. At breakfast they ran out of plates and milk and acted irritated when it was pointed out to them. The parking lot was full of stray cats which guests were feeding. Overall, not a good experience and I would not recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol M
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Carol M,

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This Country Inns and Suites did not come anywhere near to the experiences which we have had at other Country Inns and Suites Establishments. We book our stays at a particular Hotel because we have certain expectations. The staff was not friendly. The toilet in the first room did not flush. Thus we were given a second room. The shower in the second room was lukewarm to almost cold. The floor of the shower was slippery and had nothing to prevent slipping in the shower. The breakfast of eggs and potatoes was cold. The syrup container for the waffles was almost empty even though we arrived 15 minutes after the breakfast opened. Thus we threw our food away and went somewhere else for breakfast. We were very disappointed. This hotel should not be listed as a Country Inns and Suites Establishment. It does nothing to promote your reputation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert S
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Robert S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We do apologize for any concerns you had with the staff, your shower, and the breakfast provided in the morning. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good location right off 95, fairly priced, nice room, free parking, wifi & breakfast....however there was just something about this property that made it seem to us to be a little below what we've come to expect from Country Inn & Suites properties where we often stay. The staff was not as friendly as we have found elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at multiple Country Inn and Suites before, and I've always thought they were a great value, with amenities way beyond the price. Not here. Cleaning efforts were poor, the 'fridge didn't work well, a bedside lamp didn't work at all, the bed was off kilter, and the shower floor was extremely slippery (none of that material to prevent slippage). Still a good value for the price, but way below normal CI&S's standards.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Parrothead_at_heart
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Parrothead_at_heart,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
La Quinta Inn Richmond South
Candlewood Suites Richmond-South
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#66 of 82 in Richmond
Country Inn & Suites Chester
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South? Share your experiences!