“Country Inn Experience”

Ranked #58 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Englewood, United States
“Country Inn Experience”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Everything was great from making reservations by phone, checking in, comfortable stay and checking out. My family was very pleased and will definitely use the same hotel when we visit our friends and relatives. Check in and out was easy. Housekeeping staff were all friendly and personable, including the kitchen staff. There were other hotels nearby and we had no regrets choosing Country Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Woodstock
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This Country Inn was one of the filthiest hotels out family has ever stayed at. There was no water pressure, no hot water, bed was old with no support which gave us all backaches. The carpet and furnishings were old, damp and though it was non-smoking it smelled of mildew and smoke.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Xtrav
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Xtrav,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.
Cranford, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This place was easy to find, seemed clean, tub a little weirdly slanted on the inside & not conducive to being completely stable when you're standing in the shower. they should have hand rail to hold. It was only $106 dollars w/ tax & right off I-95. The big problem I had was what looked like a, maybe 2 inch, bit of dog poop that was way under the sink counter in the back on the rug. I kept looking at it & hoping it wasn't a big bug. Finally, I asked my husband to look & he said what I thought, poop. I didn't notice it 'til the next morning, so it really didn't hurt us, but still, it shows that the maid is not cleaning well. Although I didn't get close enough to be sure it was, we both thought so. I would have given it a 4 rating if not for that & the tub, which I think someone else mentioned in a review. Breakfast was just ok. Can barely even remember it, but it was something to eat: breads, juice, coffee, cereal. I'm just not that fussy, but some people wouldn't like these problems & I'm sure there's not dog poop in every room if that's what it was. I don't even know if they take pets, but a lot of places do off I-95.

Room Tip: had 2 queen beds, room was fairly large.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chatnoir
Burlington, NC
Reviewed 20 June 2014

As much as my family loved the County Inn & Suites in other places, like Williamsburg, VA, for instance --- this one just did not deliver. The bathtub shower is dangerous - a fall hazard.

Nothing was up to par... from the counter staff, to the room, to the breakfast, to having no pool or whirlpool... just nothing was anywhere near to what we expected. Sorry to be negative - but this was a very disappointing stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ed M
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Ed M,

Tire Hill, PA
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was my first stay at a Country Inn & Suites and we stayed here on our way to Virginia Beach. We did not have a reservation, but picked up a travel booklet at a rest stop and chose this hotel from there. Upon entering to check if there were rooms available, I was told by Megan (sp?) that there was one suite available at a rate of $105 for the night. I walked out and checked it with the family and got the ok. When I came back in (carrying my travel booklet), she said with the coupon the price would be $79. KUDOS to her for giving us the discount!. For that rate, this hotel was great - nothing spectacular, but good for the price. The shower wasn't hot enough for my husband and the tub had NO non-slip surface which is a bit scary. The breakfast was awesome (better than some Holiday Inns), the suite comfortable. Staff were not overly friendly, but we had no issues. Excellent location directly off of 95. A bit difficult to find somewhere to deliver pizza. Nicely decorated, great parking, good location. Good choice!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BillieGirl20
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

As the title says. Walked in the room it felt humid the floors and bed felt wet but it was late so we stayed by the morning I was wheezing. I sprained my ankle because the tub wasn't flat at all and we found the source of the mildew it was coming from under the tub which was all pipes and lead directly to the ground with grass and everything! Horrible never go there!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah C
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Sarah C,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn and Suites standards.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I am generally very pleased with the Country Inn and Suites chain- find them clean, updated and comfortable. Not so with this location. I suspect it had been a more discounted chain in the past- but it does not live up to the standard. No pool, hot tub, or fitness room. Room and bathroom not that clean- carpet wet, dirty grout in bathroom, unfinished baseboard, large bug found in room. Very tiny room and even the lobby was so small it was difficult to get through with a luggage cart. At breakfast they ran out of plates and milk and acted irritated when it was pointed out to them. The parking lot was full of stray cats which guests were feeding. Overall, not a good experience and I would not recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol M
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Carol M,

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
La Quinta Inn Richmond South
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#64 of 81 in Richmond
Country Inn & Suites Chester
Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South? Share your experiences!