“Great Stay with budget price”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South
Ranked #58 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Great Stay with budget price”
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Had a wonderful stay. Friendly Staff, very Clean & quiet room. Location had easy access to I95. Breakfast was very good. Looking forward to our next stay

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
NYC
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Hotel is easy to find right off I-95. This area has no frills. Only restaurant is a Burger King/Gas Station across the parking lot and a McDonalds across the street.
Check-in was quick. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Even the maintenence people greeted us in the hallway. No complaints with the room. I've stayed here on other occasions enroute to Charlotte and Myrtle Beach. If you need a place to bunk in for the night and get in the wind next morning, this place works well.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2010

I have stayed at Country Inn & Suites before & could tell this one was franchised. No shampoo in the room & the room smelled of stale smoke. After checking out later was charged an additional $10 because they stated that a pillow was missing which was later supposedly found. If I never would have called my bank I never would have known of the extra charge. My advise: Be careful with your credit card info & stay at the west broad street location much nicer!

• Stayed May 2010
Vermont
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Nice & Clean with Home away from Home feeling. Surpisingly economical with ample of amneties. Will definately stay whenever passing by.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Peterborough, Ontario
Reviewed 29 December 2008

We stayed here one night on our way to Myrtle Beach. The only good point was it is located right off the highway and the front staff were very friendly. After parkinig the car both my husband and myself felt unsafe. The area is not exactly family friendly and the parking lot was filled with garbage - even a dirty diaper! -
The room was standard fare - fridge and microwave - king size bed. The bathroom was dirty and no shampoo or lotion just soap. The girl told us we could park at the back closer to our room but we didn't feel safe leaving the car at the back and parked right at front doors under the lights. We will not stay here again. Hotels should consider having breakfast at 6 instead of 7 on the weekends for people that are travelling especially hotels right beside busy highways.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sarkar11, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South, responded to this review, 18 March 2010
We take comments as yours seriously! I’d like to discuss your experience with our hotel. I can be reached directly at the hotel by calling (804) 275.5900 (or) via email at cx_rhmd@countryinns.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Warm regards,

Neil Maniar ( General Manager)
Riverside, CA
Reviewed 25 July 2008

We stayed two nights in a room with a separate bedroom. Our bed was fairly comfortable, but the hide-a-bed that our teenager slept on was in pretty bad shape. The room lighting was dim even with all four lights turned on. Low shower flow made our showers take much longer, and the towels were thin and scratchy. We had problems with the air conditioning; the room was always either too hot or too cold. We appreciated having a minifridge/microwave in the room, as well as the extra sink at the "bar." The only ice machine in the hotel ran out of ice at 6pm. On the night of our arrival we went to bed early (9:30pm) and were awakened by a phone call from the front desk asking if the room was o.k. One day the maids took our dirty towels but failed to clean the room. The front desk personnel didn't seem to care and didn't even apologize--just told us to come and pick up some clean towels. Breakfast was fair, including hard-boiled eggs and a waffle-maker. The hotel was near some fast food, but we had to drive to restaurants.

• Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Sarkar11, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South, responded to this review, 18 March 2010
We take comments as yours seriously! I’d like to discuss your experience with our hotel. I can be reached directly at the hotel by calling (804) 275 5900 (or) via email at cx_rhmd@countryinns.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Warm regards,

Neil Maniar ( General Manager)
Reviewed 20 June 2008

The rooms were fine, the beds comfortable, nice size bathroom and the room was clean. Should have checked because the Inn didn't have a pool or gym. My biggest complaint was the ice maker. There was this black stuff on many of the ice cubes and at one point as I was taking the ice out and dumping, I saw a black ant came out. I couldnt even go near the ice maker after that so I didn't even have a can of soda because I only like my soda with ice (so having the refrigerator was usless to me). Speaking of which the refrigerator door was broken.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Diry Ice Maker & Breakfast Buffet not appetizing
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
La Quinta Inn Richmond South
#67 of 81 in Richmond
Country Inn & Suites Chester
Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South? Share your experiences!