“Service beyond compare, excellent experience, best night's sleep since leaving home!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South
Ranked #57 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 February 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at the Willis Road, Richmond, VA location on 2/22/11 after a visit to DC. After staying in the city and paying huge $ for very little it was a joy to arrive at CIS and enjoy the sincere, superb customer service along with all the comforts of home. Our room was clean, the water hot (did not have in DC hotel), wonderful linens (pillows=great) and Fred, the desk manager went to every length possible to please us. The cookies were out-of this-world and Fred actually had hot ones an hour after we checked in.
We live in a tourist-driven area and I realize how bad some establishments can become after a few years but after reading the other posts I believe that this location has obviously revamped itself since that timeframe.
My husband is the more particular/critical of the two of us and for him to be so relaxed and complimentary of the hotel (he loved the breakfast) assures me in recommending this hotel to family and friends. We were flying south on 95 when I called the hotel after reading great reviews on another site. We were 3 exits away when Fred quoted me a great deal and I am happy that we made this our last stop before heading home.
P.S..The bookshelf is a super plus. I neglected to read the bookmark within the book that would have let me know that you can actually take the book and return it to another CIS .

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank momofblitz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I usually stay @ Country Inns on the road and know what to expect. This was dismal and should be closed for revamping. Debris on floor, no desk chair, holes in furniture, holes in rug, ice machine broken, mold in bathroom asked to change rooms...nope. Complained again on departure and received a whopping $10 reduction. Breakfast service limited and not very appetizing nor the upgrades promised on the corporate web site. WOW! So upset I've contacted corporate and (no response yet but will continue) hope they realize how their brand is being tarnished. Avoid this place there are 2 more in the area. No real hope that mgt will see or respond but hope any who read this will take heed.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Had a wonderful stay. Friendly Staff, very Clean & quiet room. Location had easy access to I95. Breakfast was very good. Looking forward to our next stay

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
NYC
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Hotel is easy to find right off I-95. This area has no frills. Only restaurant is a Burger King/Gas Station across the parking lot and a McDonalds across the street.
Check-in was quick. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Even the maintenence people greeted us in the hallway. No complaints with the room. I've stayed here on other occasions enroute to Charlotte and Myrtle Beach. If you need a place to bunk in for the night and get in the wind next morning, this place works well.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2010

I have stayed at Country Inn & Suites before & could tell this one was franchised. No shampoo in the room & the room smelled of stale smoke. After checking out later was charged an additional $10 because they stated that a pillow was missing which was later supposedly found. If I never would have called my bank I never would have known of the extra charge. My advise: Be careful with your credit card info & stay at the west broad street location much nicer!

• Stayed May 2010
Vermont
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Nice & Clean with Home away from Home feeling. Surpisingly economical with ample of amneties. Will definately stay whenever passing by.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Peterborough, Ontario
Reviewed 29 December 2008

We stayed here one night on our way to Myrtle Beach. The only good point was it is located right off the highway and the front staff were very friendly. After parkinig the car both my husband and myself felt unsafe. The area is not exactly family friendly and the parking lot was filled with garbage - even a dirty diaper! -
The room was standard fare - fridge and microwave - king size bed. The bathroom was dirty and no shampoo or lotion just soap. The girl told us we could park at the back closer to our room but we didn't feel safe leaving the car at the back and parked right at front doors under the lights. We will not stay here again. Hotels should consider having breakfast at 6 instead of 7 on the weekends for people that are travelling especially hotels right beside busy highways.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sarkar11, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South, responded to this review, 18 March 2010
We take comments as yours seriously! I’d like to discuss your experience with our hotel. I can be reached directly at the hotel by calling (804) 275.5900 (or) via email at cx_rhmd@countryinns.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Warm regards,

Neil Maniar ( General Manager)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Sleep Inn
Knights Inn Richmond Chester
#54 of 81 in Richmond
Country Inn & Suites Chester
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South? Share your experiences!