“Excellent Hotel Management”

Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond
Ranked #36 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
“Excellent Hotel Management”
Reviewed 21 May 2011

During my stay I left a large amount of cash in the room. The hotel manager retrieved the cash, and furthermore deposited the money into my bank account - unbelievable there are still great people in this world!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Mcharbonneau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I was with a group seeing the sights in Richmond, and was very pleased with my room, the friendly service, and the breakfast which is included with the room price (as is the parking fee). The people on the front desk were unfailingly friendly, and when I arrived early did everything they could to get me into my room quickly. And they "guarded" my suitcase when I ran out to grab a cup of Starbucks, which is just down the street. I was amazed at the size of my room - it was huge, with lovely views of the river and a comfy king-size bed. Somehow the hotel manages to provide a hot breakfast, even though they have no formal kitchen facilities, as well as the usual continental fare. The only downside was how things were jammed together in the room, even with all that wall space! The coffeepot is on top of the microwave and is hard to maneuver - I don't recommend the provided coffee anyway - go downstairs, where it's much better! But all in all, this is a nice place to stay - great for families of VCU students, but for anyone else as well.

Stayed May 2011
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Close to Shockoe Slip, the federal Court of Appeals, and VCU, and within easy driving of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, the Fan district, and route 360, this was a clean and comfortable place to stay, with a good selection of breakfast foods (included in room price).
My roommate heard the neighbors when they came in after midnight; the window drapes don't blot out the light, which could be a problem,and parking costs extra. But, all in all, I'd recommend this hotel for a weekend in central Richmond.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My family stayed at the hotel while attending a sporting event in Richmond. Hotel was recommended by the event. Hotel is located near VCU, and not far from downtown. For a limited service hotel, the accomodations were fine.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 November 2010

I have stayed at this Hotel since I began running the Richmond Marathon, and the service has remained top of the line. This is the only time I visit Richmond,but the women who checked me in remembered me from my visit last Nov,which makes one feel great.
The hotel is kept in great shape, the free breakfast is fantastic,
Its nice to see standards maintained for year to year at a high level.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank navywrslr
hixdowntown, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond, responded to this review, 18 February 2011
Thank you for your review form your stay last fall. We appreciate your comments. Hope to see you for the 2011 Suntrust Marathon.
Gaithersburg
Reviewed 23 August 2010

A new hotel, built in 2007, the Holiday Inn Express Downtown is located a few blocks west of downtown in an assuming, but quiet, neighborhood called the Monroe Ward. It is attractive and well-maintained, two criteria that always make for an enjoyable stay in the former Confederate capitol.

The lobby is very pleasant; the desk is on the right upon entry; towards the rear is the business center providing internet access. Off the lobby is the quaint (and rather busy) breakfast room where guests may avail themselves of 24/7 coffee and a hearty breakfast (complimentary, of course) that includes a welcome helping of breads, cereals, fruit, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy – this is the South, y’all.

The guest room, or at least mine, was comfortable, clean and spacious with all the usual amenities provided. Please note that all guests are automatically charged $10.00 each night for parking. This was an issue for me as I had no automobile and no reason to park – or to be charged for said parking. Anyway, this situation was easily resolved and all was well with the world. I still would stay here again and would easily recommend it to anyone visiting Richmond, a city that should be a must for any lover of history.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank NeedPivo
Thank you for your review from your stay with us last Summer. We hope to have you as our guest on your next visit to Richmond. We appreciate your comments.
Toronto
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I stayed at this hotel twice recently, with a few days between stays. Everything was what I expected for a mid-level hotel. The room was clean, comfortable, and the staff very accommodating. We had two minor issues, one fixed by the housekeeper and the other by the general manager, both within 30 minutes of check-in. The free breakfast wasn't the greatest, but apart from what tasted like powdered egg mix, was edible. It was free, so I couldn't really complain about it.

The biggest problem was that a bachelor party had checked out just before our arrival, and emptied all the ice machines, leaving nothing for the guests. Can't blame that on the hotel, though.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank I_Wrote_This_Review
Thank you for your review from your stay with us late last summer.We appreciate your comments and hope to have you as our guest when you return to Richmond.