Trying to be as fair as possible here, since the one night we stayed here was during a hurricane. Power was lost early in the stay. That was rather frustrating when every other hotel in town still had power. But I will confine my evaluation to the experience I had WITH power.
The property is an older one that has been updated for the HI Express. Lobby areas are rather large, and could have been furnished with more and more up to date furniture.
We had gotten a whirlpool suite. The furniture doesn’t quite fill the considerable space in the suite. They could easily add either a larger desk area, or a small dinette. The two TVs were large, new, and nice. The room was very clean, including the bathroom. Plenty of towels were provided. I can’t comment on the shower or whirlpool since we didn’t get to use them. The air conditioning is wall units, and seemed to work well while the power held out. Wireless internet was typical: easy to access, moderate to somewhat slow.
I also can’t really comment on the continental breakfast. With the power issues, they could only put out the basics like juice and donuts.
I think had we had power, we might have enjoyed the stay. The room was only slightly less expensive than the other rooms I priced for that night. But unless I were getting the very large suite, I would opt for another property in the downtown area.
My biggest concern is a glaring security problem they have. I don’t want to elaborate on it here, for fear it would quite literally give someone an idea. But suffice to say, it is worrisome enough that I would probably not stay here unless it were my only choice in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel in downtown Richmond offers quality and convenience. Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Richmond, VA. Located in the heart of historic Richmond's River District, we offer corporate and leisure guests the best of the past and the future. Business travelers can appreciate our convenient Richmond, VA accommodations. Our hotel, situated in the heart of downtown Richmond, is close to businesses such as Wachovia Securities, the Virginia Biotechnology Research Park, Altria, Philip Morris, SunTrust Bank and Mead Westvaco, as well as other Fortune 500 companies. Virginia Commonwealth University is six blocks away. The Greater Richmond Convention Center is .4 miles. Your family will love staying at our hotel in Richmond, VA, located on Cary Street, because we are close to the Virginia Capitol Building, the Children's Museum and the Museum & White House of the Confederacy. Other nearby sights include the Virginia Holocaust Museum, the Landmark Theatre and VCU's Siegel Center. The Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens offers visitors natural Virginia beauty at its finest. When you stay with us, you'll enjoy deluxe amenities including a 24-hour fitness center and a free Express Start breakfast. The free high-speed, wireless Internet access will keep you connected. The 24-hour business center has print, copy and fax services. Stay Smart in the heart of Richmond and check out our great Richmond hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond Hotel Richmond
- Holiday Inn Express Richmond
- Holiday Inn Richmond
- Richmond Holiday Inn