I was looking into a program at VCU and needed a hotel close to the campus for one night. I looked at the Hilton Garden and Mariott and both were significantly more expensive and did not have a continental breakfast. I chose the Holiday Inn Express mainly due to the price ($100 for a weekend night), location (5 minutes from VCU and downtown area), and the free breakfast (quick and easy in the morning). I expected that it might be a little low on quality, but was beyond impressed. First of all, the beds had big, comfortable mattresses with white sheets! No polyester dirty crappy bedspread. They had two sets of firm and soft pillows which I appreciate. A nice flat screen tv in each room with HBO and showtime! The room had a microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, and hairdryer. The bathroom was clean with a large mirror and good lighting for getting ready in the morning. The carpets were clean and not dingy looking or stuffy smelling. While I did not use the gym or the free wifi in the room, they were nice options to have. However, the BEST part of this hotel was the breakfast buffet. This was no continental breakfast. They had eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, a pancake maker, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, bagels, pastries and toast. They coffee was delicious. They had apple juice, orange juice, and milk. They even had a woman waiting on the tables clearing plates when you were finished and replenishing any food items that were running low. The only complaint I had was the parking garage was very small (6 foot ceilings) and they charged $10 to park in there (I guess this is normal for downtown Richmond, but it seemed a little steep to me). Other than the parking, this hotel was exceptional. It was a budget hotel with a Mariott feel. The staff were friendly and helpful. They stay was very pleasant. I jokingly said "do you have monthly rates?" while checking out. I would stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel in downtown Richmond offers quality and convenience. Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Richmond, VA. Located in the heart of historic Richmond's River District, we offer corporate and leisure guests the best of the past and the future. Business travelers can appreciate our convenient Richmond, VA accommodations. Our hotel, situated in the heart of downtown Richmond, is close to businesses such as Wachovia Securities, the Virginia Biotechnology Research Park, Altria, Philip Morris, SunTrust Bank and Mead Westvaco, as well as other Fortune 500 companies. Virginia Commonwealth University is six blocks away. The Greater Richmond Convention Center is .4 miles. Your family will love staying at our hotel in Richmond, VA, located on Cary Street, because we are close to the Virginia Capitol Building, the Children's Museum and the Museum & White House of the Confederacy. Other nearby sights include the Virginia Holocaust Museum, the Landmark Theatre and VCU's Siegel Center. The Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens offers visitors natural Virginia beauty at its finest. When you stay with us, you'll enjoy deluxe amenities including a 24-hour fitness center and a free Express Start breakfast. The free high-speed, wireless Internet access will keep you connected. The 24-hour business center has print, copy and fax services. Stay Smart in the heart of Richmond and check out our great Richmond hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond Hotel Richmond
- Holiday Inn Express Richmond
- Holiday Inn Richmond
- Richmond Holiday Inn