If you are at all familiar with South East DC you'll feel right at home at the Quality Inn and Suites on E. Cary Rd. in Richmond, VA.
We booked this trip sight unseen via the internet, realized we weren't in Kansas anymore as we approached the general area.
The parking garage features 6' ground clearance, which leads to aggravating antenna slapping
against low hanging water pipes with alarming frequency ... is my antenna still attached?
On the plus side, there are a great many closed circuit cameras strategically placed in the
garage that play on the lobby TV. Those serve as a wonderful distraction from the abundant
stains on the carpet.
The furniture in the rooms is old and needs to be replaced. The power went out after midnight.
Take a guess on whether or not the alarm clocks had battery backup. If you guessed no, you are
correct. The tv had cable ... the remote control was missing the battery cover.
In the interest of full disclosure, the rooms are large. The bed was comfortable. Overall the
room and bathroom were clean. Wet water (cold and hot) flowed from the faucets and shower head.
I would not stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel in downtown Richmond offers quality and convenience. Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Richmond, VA. Located in the heart of historic Richmond's River District, we offer corporate and leisure guests the best of the past and the future. Business travelers can appreciate our convenient Richmond, VA accommodations. Our hotel, situated in the heart of downtown Richmond, is close to businesses such as Wachovia Securities, the Virginia Biotechnology Research Park, Altria, Philip Morris, SunTrust Bank and Mead Westvaco, as well as other Fortune 500 companies. Virginia Commonwealth University is six blocks away. The Greater Richmond Convention Center is .4 miles. Your family will love staying at our hotel in Richmond, VA, located on Cary Street, because we are close to the Virginia Capitol Building, the Children's Museum and the Museum & White House of the Confederacy. Other nearby sights include the Virginia Holocaust Museum, the Landmark Theatre and VCU's Siegel Center. The Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens offers visitors natural Virginia beauty at its finest. When you stay with us, you'll enjoy deluxe amenities including a 24-hour fitness center and a free Express Start breakfast. The free high-speed, wireless Internet access will keep you connected. The 24-hour business center has print, copy and fax services. Stay Smart in the heart of Richmond and check out our great Richmond hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond Hotel Richmond
- Holiday Inn Express Richmond
- Holiday Inn Richmond
- Richmond Holiday Inn