After reading the reviews for this hotel, I was very leary about staying here. My husband and I were driving to the hotel and we were not in the nicest part of town. I became very worried. But once we got to the hotel it was very nice and clean. The hotel is located in the middle of the college VCU. The hotel staff was very nice and friendly. Helped w/ directions to a Pittsburgh bar that we wanted to go to watch the Steeler game. Also helped w/ directions to Richmond Raceway.
We had a king size room which had enough space to accommodate the both of us without any problems. The room was clean and the furnishings seemed rather new. It date state that it was remodeled in 2007. The breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon, biscuits, cereal, and of course their famous cinnamon rolls. We only had breakfast one day we were there, but that was to our choosing.
I was not very fond of the $10 a night parking charge that came w/ the cost of the hotel. The parking garage is not very secure and the elevators go right up to the floors of the hotel. I didn't feel very safe w/ that, but we had no problems whatsoever.
My husband stated we would stay there again especially for the ease of getting to the race track.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel in downtown Richmond offers quality and convenience. Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Richmond, VA. Located in the heart of historic Richmond's River District, we offer corporate and leisure guests the best of the past and the future. Business travelers can appreciate our convenient Richmond, VA accommodations. Our hotel, situated in the heart of downtown Richmond, is close to businesses such as Wachovia Securities, the Virginia Biotechnology Research Park, Altria, Philip Morris, SunTrust Bank and Mead Westvaco, as well as other Fortune 500 companies. Virginia Commonwealth University is six blocks away. The Greater Richmond Convention Center is .4 miles. Your family will love staying at our hotel in Richmond, VA, located on Cary Street, because we are close to the Virginia Capitol Building, the Children's Museum and the Museum & White House of the Confederacy. Other nearby sights include the Virginia Holocaust Museum, the Landmark Theatre and VCU's Siegel Center. The Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens offers visitors natural Virginia beauty at its finest. When you stay with us, you'll enjoy deluxe amenities including a 24-hour fitness center and a free Express Start breakfast. The free high-speed, wireless Internet access will keep you connected. The 24-hour business center has print, copy and fax services. Stay Smart in the heart of Richmond and check out our great Richmond hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond Hotel Richmond
- Holiday Inn Express Richmond
- Holiday Inn Richmond
- Richmond Holiday Inn