We stayed here for an entire week. The night we arrived (Friday evening at 2:30am), we hadn't booked a room for us to stay there (accidentally). The staff accommodated us with a smoking suite, which was fine for 1 night. They moved us to our non-smoking jacuzzi suite the following afternoon. With 2 rooms our toddler had her own room to sleep & since there's a TV & sitting area in the bedroom, it worked out GREAT! She got her rest, we got ours.
The free breakfast everyday was pretty decent. The eggs, sausage & bacon were great for our low-carb, high protein lifestyle. Our toddler enjoyed the cold cereals, cold milk & juices, muffins & freshly baked cinnamon rolls. The apples that they had were under-ripened, too small & bitter to eat. The oranges looked perfect, but I don't eat them. They also had yogurt & all kinds of pastries, bagels & english muffins to choose from, along with packets of oatmeal by the coffee & hot tea station.
The staff was very kind & good to us. Any request we had, it was taken care of immediately. We asked for a crib in our reservation & around 2pm on Saturday it arrived. We had packed our Pack N Play just in case the crib was out of commission. Our daughter must have enjoyed the crib, because she slept like a champ & woke up happy & cheery each day of the stay.
Our king bed was very comfortable. I will say, it was hard to decide whether I wanted a firm or soft pillow (they put both on the bed). So I struggled with neck pains most of the week. Next time I'll just bring my own pillow. The AC stayed strong through one of the hottest weeks on record in Richmond, VA. We kept the windows closed & rooms dark during the days while we were out. Then opened them up in the late afternoon. That seemed to help the AC units out quite a bit. They didn't have to work as hard to keep the rooms cool that way.
We had a spectacular view of Downtown Richmond, as we were on the East side of the building. I imagine the views are spectacular from most of this hotel, as it overlooks the heart of Downtown. I highly recommend this hotel. My husband worked for the week, while my daughter & I visited with family & friends. It was an ideal location off of Downtown Expressway & 64/95 Interstates. You're close to great restaurants, great nightlife, fun shopping of Carytown & all the culture that the city of Richmond can offer you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel in downtown Richmond offers quality and convenience. Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Richmond, VA. Located in the heart of historic Richmond's River District, we offer corporate and leisure guests the best of the past and the future. Business travelers can appreciate our convenient Richmond, VA accommodations. Our hotel, situated in the heart of downtown Richmond, is close to businesses such as Wachovia Securities, the Virginia Biotechnology Research Park, Altria, Philip Morris, SunTrust Bank and Mead Westvaco, as well as other Fortune 500 companies. Virginia Commonwealth University is six blocks away. The Greater Richmond Convention Center is .4 miles. Your family will love staying at our hotel in Richmond, VA, located on Cary Street, because we are close to the Virginia Capitol Building, the Children's Museum and the Museum & White House of the Confederacy. Other nearby sights include the Virginia Holocaust Museum, the Landmark Theatre and VCU's Siegel Center. The Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens offers visitors natural Virginia beauty at its finest. When you stay with us, you'll enjoy deluxe amenities including a 24-hour fitness center and a free Express Start breakfast. The free high-speed, wireless Internet access will keep you connected. The 24-hour business center has print, copy and fax services. Stay Smart in the heart of Richmond and check out our great Richmond hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond Hotel Richmond
- Holiday Inn Express Richmond
- Holiday Inn Richmond
- Richmond Holiday Inn