“Disgusting”

Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The location of the hotel is perfect, the price is spectacular. The fact that there was more than 30 stink bugs in my room is not acceptable. I was absolutely disgusted that every corner I would turn, there was a stink bug. In the shower, in the windowsill, on the walls, on the mirror...etc etc. I think it is utterly inconsiderate and unprofessional of them to have a problem like that not only in one room but in all the rooms. I was traveling for a business conference and most of the people at the hotel I knew they all had a problem with the stink bugs. they should get an exterminator immediately because that is unaccrptable. DO NOT STAY HERE !!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

I sincerely apologize for your experience not being above satisfactory here at our inn. With the recent update of our rooms our goal is to not only meet the guest’s expectations but exceed them. I can assure you that we take pest issues very seriously & these stink bugs have invaded this area in just over the past week. The staff and I have taken several steps to remedy this situation. We have performed a couple different exterior treatment methods as well as held staff meetings to make sure we are doing all that we can to prevent these pests from flying into rooms. It is our hope that you will accept our apology and give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

It is nice to see the updated rooms. It has the faux wood floor and short carpet by the beds. I arrived before check in and they were kind enough to let me check in. It was rather odd though as it was the middle of the day I had to use to use the night window. I was too tired to ask why, but I thought it might be because the person working didn't feel safe? I don't know, that is a guess. Anyway she was very nice.

The room was clean and no smell...which is always a bonus. The hotel is literally right off the ramp of the highway. All in all it was a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post your review. Our “Updated rooms” continue to get very good reviews & I am glad you share that feeling. Our easy access off I-95 makes stopping here very convenient. I appreciate your comments on our cleanliness and that you enjoyed your stay. Have a great Fall season and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Richmond area.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I drove from NYC to Richmond for my dog to have dental surgery and spent one night here. Entire place is renovated, clean and smells fresh. Staff very friendly. Rooms AMAZING! Seriously have stayed at Holiday Inns that werent even half as nice. Hardwood floors, big beds, flat screen tvs etc. Definitely will be staying here if Im ever driving down 95 again. Right off the exit with a 24 hour Subway restaurant and McDonalds next door. Definitely changed my perception of Red Roof Inns. Very highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. It is always great to hear about a guest having a “Fantastic stay”. We pride ourselves in being customer service focused and providing clean rooms for our many guests. It is a pleasure when we get to read that customers appreciate our efforts. I am glad you like our new rooms and that we changed your perception of RRI. Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Richmond, VA.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We have stayed at this Red Roof Inn several times. It is our permanent stop to and back from Florida. We have never been disappointed. Mr. Ken & Mr. Khan have always been very good to us and so have all the other staff members. Our dog heads for our room with no problem when we arrive. Right off the exit and very convenient for us. We can walk our dog as the area is very safe. There is a Subway restaurant and a gas station next to the Inn. Nice little coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge in the room. We look forward to staying with them again.

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking. We get a king size room on the ground floor and one that is a little away...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you very much for coming back to stay with us several times & taking a moment to share your experience. I am very happy that we have become your permanent stop & & you have never been disappointed. This type of recommendation means a lot to the entire team here. I appreciate your kind remarks on Khan, the staff, and myself. The Superior King room is the best value. We look forward to seeing you again as well on your next rip south. Enjoy the Fall season

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I needed to stay in this location, & they had one of the best prices. The AC unit smelled like it needed a new filter. I found a big spider in the bathroom. One of the blankets had an old stain on it, as well as the towels. And the shower curtain could have been cleaner. You'll also need to bring your own hair dryer. Other than that, the room seemed to be pretty clean. They had a nice flat screen TV, free WiFi, and it was pretty quiet besides the occasional semi going by on 95. As I was leaving, I let them know about my complaints & they were very apologetic & said my room shouldn't have been that way, so hopefully they'll get some new towels & shower curtains. I'd probably stay here again if I needed to.

Room Tip: I asked for a room with no one above me since we needed to get up early in the morning, & I neve...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your stay with us. I am very glad you see us as a good value for the money. Our new rooms are very nice with the updates and continue to get positive reviews. I appreciate your comments on our cleanliness as we strive to maintain that. I do apologize for the issues you had during your stay and we will work on those to improve guest experiences. Our superior King rooms now offer hair dryers as one of their amenities along with an iron, ironing board, small coffee maker, and a small microwave/fridge unit. We hope that next time you need lodging in the Richmond area that you will chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Great location if your passing thru while on route 95. It was right there off the hi way. The room was very clean and the staff at the front desk was courteous and helpful with recommending a good place to eat nearby. The price of the room was decent. I booked online because they offered a discount for booking online and when I got the statement there was no discount . Overall it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to give us your review. I appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inn and sharing your positive comments and recommendation. Your kind words on my staff, property, and price mean a lot to us as we strive for guests to have these experiences. Booking on line is a great way to save some money since we often offer special deals on many different websites. You can email me @ 0086@redroof.com with your confirmation# & I can check into that discount to see what happened. We hope next time you are in this area and require lodging that you choose us again.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Traveling around a lot, Adam and I have stayed in our share of hotels. I've got to say, though, that I have had one great, memorable experience:

Red Roof Inn- I felt as though the employers treated each of their guests like family. Beautiful view, great coffee, perfect location but there's one person who stood out the most and his name was Darius almost reminded me of Darius Rucker when i first heard his name - being it was my first time there he's what makes that place welcoming. He smiled and did his best at trying to provide friendly, fast & accurate service to me and my husband. (I would have to say, even though we were confused which made him confused, he kept a smile on his face with very well exceptional manners).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cathy H

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It makes my day to hear such positive remarks on my staff members and property – especially from a seasoned traveler. Thank you for your positive comments and recommendation. We are very happy you chose to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again next time you pass through Richmond, Virginia.