“Excellent Service!”

Ranked #38 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Naples, Florida
“Excellent Service!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My stay at this hotel was great. My room was clean and very comfortable. Khan was the customer service representative at the front desk and was wonderful, welcoming and very friendly. He went out of his way to ensure that my stay was comfortable. All this made my stay very enjoyable. Everything including the rest of the office staff, the management and the room service was also excellent. I would recommend this place and definitely plan to stay at this hotel the next time I visit Richmond.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. It is always great to hear a guest received “Excellent Service”. Your positive comments on Khan and the rest of my staff are what we strive for. Your recommendation is very much appreciated. With our new rooms and quality we provide a great value. We pride ourselves in being customer service focused and providing clean rooms for our many guests. Have a great Spring & we hope to see you soon on your next travels to Richmond.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Okatie, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our stay at the Red Roof Inn - Richmond South was a good one. The room was clean. The staff was friendly. No frills, definitely, but good for an overnight. Thanks to Janet for welcoming us and allowing us to park in a good spot with our moving van and trailer. Thanks to Tamika for sending us off with a smile. The only suggestion I have is for the main office to have a microwave available for those patrons who don't have a superior room with a microwave in their room. Thanks Red Roof Richmond South!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I very much appreciate your comments on our service, quality, and hospitality. It is always a pleasure to hear positive comments on my staff and their service. Janet, Tamika, & the rest of the staff look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for your suggestion, I will make sure the desk knows that they can give access to our break room that has a microwave guests can use. Have a very nice Spring, when it finally gets here!
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel, which tells you that it can't be too bad. I'm not in love with neighborhood, but it's okay (I've stayed in far worse). It's handy to the I-95, McDonalds, and gas stations. Unfortunately, this stay had a few little glitches. Our toilet sporadically flushed itself, and the bathroom drain that was so blocked that taking a shower was more like taking a bath. The staff are pleasant, though, and the rooms are comfortable and fairly quiet. It has free WiFi. For the price I think it's a good wee hotel. Should we find ourselves spending another night in Richmond, we'd stay here, again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank S S
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us again and sharing your experience. Many guests like our easy access off I-95 & our rates, especially with our new room styles. I sincerely apologize for the plumbing issues during your stay. If you did not report it during your stay I would be interested in which room you stayed in so I can make sure the problem has been corrected, you can email me at i0086@redroof.com. I appreciate your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels land you in Richmond for the night.
Osceola, Missouri
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

I don't know what room s the previous people were staying in but they certainly weren't the ones that we looked at. first room had bugs in the sheets. Second room was dirty and heat didnt work well. The rug had not been vacuumed. The back of the bed was filthy with dirty tissues and other junk .the third room was also dirty but the heat worked. The front desk lady was very nice and accommodating. Management did take the cost of the room off of my bill but said he checked the room and there were no bugs. I would not of moved into three rooms believe me if there wasn't something terribly wrong with them. I know what I squished in the bed sheets. There is also no reason for 3 rooms to be dirty. Even though there was no charge for the room I wanted the next customers to be wear and check out the rooms before you pay for them. Sorry, GM but I have to tell it like it was. I do appreciate you taking it off my bill

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
I sincerely apologize for your experience not being above satisfactory here at our inn. With the recent update of our rooms our goal is to not only meet the guest’s expectations but exceed them. I can assure you that we take pest issues very seriously & had that room professionally inspected. I have spoken to my team to remind them all that we most provide the best experience possible to our guests from the front office to the quality of our rooms. It is our hope that you will accept our apology and give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed one night on a road trip. It was a surprisingly nice place. The room was very, very clean, nicely appointed (for a Red Roof Inn) and spacious. The beds were comfortable. The hotel backs up to the highway but was quiet at night. We heard almost no road noise. The price made it a high value situation. No coffee in the room, but there is a McDonald's on the corner.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. Your positive comments are much appreciated by the staff and me. We pride ourselves in being a “good stopover point” for many of our customers – providing clean and comfortable rooms for those just passing through. We hope you stay with us again on your next trip through Richmond. Have a great New Year!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Well we stayed here four or five times now, that we even request the room we like and get it just about every time. Its quite at night, the bed comfortable and the clerks at the front desk are accommodating. The only problem we seem to have with all Red Roof Inns is the coffee, they're not hot enough or they've ran out, also would be nice if they had a little refrigerator so if you requested milk they'd have it, but that seem to be an over all problem, There a subway on the back side and a MacDonald's across the street for quick snack.They also have room delivery, you can look it up in the room. The manager is also friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you very much for coming back to stay with us again & taking the time to share your experience. I see you are a regular contributor which makes your review even more special. “Another Great night sleep” is our goal. Next visit try one of our Deluxe 2 Bedded rooms or the Superior King which all include a microwave and little refrigerator. Over the next couple months we are adding irons, ironing boards, and hair dryers to all our Deluxe 2 bedded rooms. We are also in the process of adding more TV channels & some in HD. Thank you very much for your kind remarks on the staff and management, plus your recommendation. Have a great New Year!
Ashland, Virginia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

here is my problem I like this hotel I stay here every week for work but this one worker is about to make me go somewhere else to stay . front desk clerk is named wala I believe he trys to make people think that they are stupid like I said I stay here a lot so I know where to place my key to keep it from dmagntizing I try to remain calim but when you try to explain things to this young man he don't want to hear what youhave to say and hen trys to talk over you and what really chaps my hide is then when he knows that you are upset he starts to snicker or laugh he is going to do this stuff with the wrong person and hes goig to get hurt nobody want to deal with going to your door with both hands full and your key not working because he never made the key for but one knight and you told him at check in that it was for two something needs to be done about this young man this is not the first time that I have had issiues with him so to avoid him I will check in when he is not working so I wont have to deal with his attuide I hope someone talks to him cause it will cause you to start losing busness if he dosnt stop his stuff. my name is Otis turner my company is t&b equipment

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sportyo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for staying with us several times. I certainly want you to continue to stay with us and appreciate you giving us another opportunity. I would be very interested in talking with you during your next visit so we can take care of this issue. In the mean time I will be sharing this with that GSR to make sure we are providing proper service and hospitality to all of our guests. Please email me at i0086@redroof.com or call me at extension #402 during you next visit so we can discuss this.