“Very nice rooms & staff”

Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

It was a last moment stay on Sunday night on our way back home from pigeon forge ten this hotel is very nice and I will be coming back to stay.

My family and I had a good sleep and all in all I liked the place do to I work at a Red Roof Inn & Suites in Middletown/Franklin OH area

Stayed: April 2014
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. Your positive comments on my staff and our rooms are much appreciated. Hope you had a good time in Pigeon Forge, which is a beautiful area. Unfortunately you just missed our upgraded TV line-up that we are completing this week. We are adding 13 more channels with a majority in HD which will look great on the new flat screens. We look forward to seeing you again when your next trip brings you through Richmond for the night. It is always a pleasure to have a team member stay with us.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to FL, the room was spacious. Plenty of room for my husband and I along with our Great Dane. This is located right off I-95 so it can be a little loud but it wasn't too bad. You can hear neighboring people in their rooms - very thin walls. Would recommend if needed something quick and cheap.

• Stayed: April 2014
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your stay with us. We are very happy you like our upgraded rooms & location. Our pet policy also does attract some great customers. We are thankful you chose to give us a try & look forward to seeing you again in the future. We hope you enjoy your time in Florida. Have a great Spring.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife and mother in law stayed at the hotel 4/23 and although the hotel was very clean and the room was nice and the beds comfortable there were a lot of turckers staying there. That would not be a problem except truckers get up early and by 5AM as people began to take showers you could hear the water rushing through the pipes and the noise was so loud that it woke them up. That coupled with the fact that the room they were in was so close to the highway that the large trucks traveling throughout the night made it almost impossible to sleep. When they talked to the front desk the following morning they were told that they should ask for an interior room. Good to know for the future if we ever decide to use them again.

Room Tip: Pick an interior room or be prepared with ear plugs for the traffic
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your stay with us. I very much appreciate you and your family choosing to stay with us. Your comments on quality & our new rooms are what we strive for in a customer experience. Our new rooms definitely refresh our product and continue to get a lot of positive reviews. Many guests love our easy access but sometimes being right off the highway can be a disadvantage with noise, and I apologize for that. Our light sleepers sometimes prefer inside rooms & we try to accommodate those requests. I hope you do chose to stay with us again. We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Came to Richmond to bred my dog, chose RRI because pets where free and room was CHEAP and CLEAN! Book with Khan he was helpful and awesome! Would book again! Check online for booking deals, I got 20% off with a coupon online, had no trouble using it.

Room Tip: Check online for booking deal, got 20% off booking with an online code.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie B
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking a moment to share your experience. I very much appreciate your recommendation & “Great Room Cheap Price” comment. We pride ourselves on our service and quality. Guests love our special rate for pets – FREE. Our new rooms continue to get great reviews. With all the online sites it is easy to find great deals, but remember if you book thru RedRoof.com or 1-800 Red Roof you can join our RediCard program and start earning points for Free nights – when you earn them they entitle you to a great rate too (Free Night). We hope you have a great Spring and look forward to the next time you book a room with us.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

My stay at this hotel was great. My room was clean and very comfortable. Khan was the customer service representative at the front desk and was wonderful, welcoming and very friendly. He went out of his way to ensure that my stay was comfortable. All this made my stay very enjoyable. Everything including the rest of the office staff, the management and the room service was also excellent. I would recommend this place and definitely plan to stay at this hotel the next time I visit Richmond.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. It is always great to hear a guest received “Excellent Service”. Your positive comments on Khan and the rest of my staff are what we strive for. Your recommendation is very much appreciated. With our new rooms and quality we provide a great value. We pride ourselves in being customer service focused and providing clean rooms for our many guests. Have a great Spring & we hope to see you soon on your next travels to Richmond.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our stay at the Red Roof Inn - Richmond South was a good one. The room was clean. The staff was friendly. No frills, definitely, but good for an overnight. Thanks to Janet for welcoming us and allowing us to park in a good spot with our moving van and trailer. Thanks to Tamika for sending us off with a smile. The only suggestion I have is for the main office to have a microwave available for those patrons who don't have a superior room with a microwave in their room. Thanks Red Roof Richmond South!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I very much appreciate your comments on our service, quality, and hospitality. It is always a pleasure to hear positive comments on my staff and their service. Janet, Tamika, & the rest of the staff look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for your suggestion, I will make sure the desk knows that they can give access to our break room that has a microwave guests can use. Have a very nice Spring, when it finally gets here!

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel, which tells you that it can't be too bad. I'm not in love with neighborhood, but it's okay (I've stayed in far worse). It's handy to the I-95, McDonalds, and gas stations. Unfortunately, this stay had a few little glitches. Our toilet sporadically flushed itself, and the bathroom drain that was so blocked that taking a shower was more like taking a bath. The staff are pleasant, though, and the rooms are comfortable and fairly quiet. It has free WiFi. For the price I think it's a good wee hotel. Should we find ourselves spending another night in Richmond, we'd stay here, again.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank S S
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us again and sharing your experience. Many guests like our easy access off I-95 & our rates, especially with our new room styles. I sincerely apologize for the plumbing issues during your stay. If you did not report it during your stay I would be interested in which room you stayed in so I can make sure the problem has been corrected, you can email me at i0086@redroof.com. I appreciate your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels land you in Richmond for the night.