“Suited my needs but was expecting more....”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond
Ranked #46 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Suited my needs but was expecting more....”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

By the words "extended stay", I expected much more than what I received. For someone staying at the property long-term, the room wasn't any larger than standard rooms in other hotels. There was no comfortable seating area or furniture, and the piece of furniture that had 3 drawers also doubled as the stand for the TV and a small desk area.

The kitchen was adequate, but the hotel does not provide complimentary coffee, only the pot, and a little touch of some paper towels or napkins would have been a nice touch. There was dish soap for you to wash your dishes, but no dishcloth, dishtowel or draining rack????

The bathroom also provided the most basic of amenities, except tissues?

Honestly, I was expecting a little more, thinking that this brand of hotel would cater to a little more than the most minimum of necessities. Other than a two-burner cooktop and a few dishes, there was nothing more than I could have gotten at any other hotel!

Based on this experience, I would never choose this brand of hotel for a long-term stay!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I have stayed here often over the past few months while on business. The rates are great and the staff was always friendly and helpful to me. I complained about my bathroom shower leaking and they immediately placed me in a new room which was an upgrade at no additional charge. Hooters and a few other restaurants are within walking distance. located in a great area with easy access to the highways. The only problem I had was that the walls are very thin and I could hear my neighbors bed squeeking in the middle of the night.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Second shift clerk was'nt very helpful as i tried to get directions to the location she got kind of rude so i waited until morning and managed to find the place myself and the morning clerk was very very helpful and a world of friendly :-) I never did get to thank her for the great hospitality but if someone knows her just tell her thanks for all she do in making the guest feel at home!!! She was working friday morning around 9am when i checked in she has a light complextion with glasses and just as friendly as can be, didnt get a name but her politeness alone would bring me back to this hotel again! My whole stay was good with a few flaws which are as follows, My door was tricky,if you didnt slam it and double check that it was secure it possibly could still be open,and the internet was'nt desirable, it was slow and only for simply surfing the web,if you was streaming or gaming you had to pay seperate fees which i didn't understand because most hotels have free high-speed internet.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
sesrichmond, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this review, 7 February 2011
Thank you for staying with us, I am so sorry for the frustrating experience with directions. But on a good note, I am glad Sherry helped you in the AM. Guests feedback is very important and I appreciate you taking time to let us know both good and bad. Again, thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I checked into this hotel on business for a month, but from the moment I arrived, I regretted my decision. When I checked in, I was given the key to someone else's room and I, a female, actually walked in on him at 10PM! The next day when I mentioned it to the general manager, I was asked if I wanted to check out and she remarked that she would not stay in a place that she was not happy with. I should have taken her advice right then and there. My first room was dirty and the bed spread had a huge cement stain on it. The bathroom wall was soiled and when mentioned it, they came in and cleaned the bathroom and left the wall dirty. I moved from this room into another room that was non smoking but smelled like a smokestack. I asked to check out and the staff member told me that she could not check me out at that time but that she could come and spray the room. The next morning I noticed that there were about 25 ants crawling all over a wall that had juice stains on it. I complained and they came up and cleaned the wall, but not completely and the ants returned to the stains that were left on the wall. I was expecting a letter that was mailed to me on a Tuesday and a week and 1/2 later, I had not received the letter. After checking with the staff every day, I requested that they check all the boxes. My important business letter was sitting in an unmarked box for over a week and had been there every day that I had asked the staff for my mail! At this point, trying to complete my business trip, I decided that I would just stick out the month. The final straw came when one morning, I flipped over the bed spread that I had been sleeping under and sitting on and noticed stains that looked like old dried blood. Absolutely certain that the stains were there when I checked in the room, I took pictures and then approached the front desk. First she acted as if she did not know what I meant. Then she told me that I should have checked room before I moved in! Needless to say, that was the final straw and I checked out immediately which caused me to miss a day at work and move groceries and other belongings that I had purchased for a month long stay or longer. This is not a hotel, it is a biohazardous dump that should be closed down now. I would not let my animal stay there.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank StaceyLuv
Dear guest, I am sorry you had such a bad experience with us. I knew from the time you checked in that this was not the hotel for you, that is why I offered to refund your money the very next day. It seems like sometimes when you don't want to be at a place, that when everything falls apart. Again, I apologize for you inconvidence. Sincerely, Cheryl Mahanes, General Manager
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Non-smoking room had definitely been smoked in, everything was worn and dirty. I planned on being in town for a while, so I thought this would be the best option, but I found a new hotel after one night. The carpet was worn and slightly sticky, the tub was grimy and the mattress was old and lumpy. The "free" internet is NOT High-Speed. It's purposefully slowed down so that you'll pay to upgrade to normal wifi. The walls and doors were all scuffed and marked, which is odd, because the hotel can't be more than a few years old, but it defintiely needs a complete refurbish.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank crunchyfroggirl
sesrichmond, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this review, 23 August 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. We would love for you to give us another try the next time you are in the area.

I value your comments.

Washington, DC
Reviewed 19 April 2010

Best value in the area, great for one night or a week. Good service, easy booking online.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope you can visit us again.

PA
Reviewed 28 February 2009

I travel alot and this round was a long stay. Sales approached me about staying here....offered a great rate which fit my per diem. Has a kitchen with everything, good internet service. Roomy rooms, you can even do your laundry down the hall. Great locale and easy to get anywhere. Staff at night is friendly and VERY helpful.
I'll be back for sure. If you are in need of a great deal and good lodging and service call them. Our group enjoyed it.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
sesrichmond, manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this review, 10 November 2009
Thank you for taking time a post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.