“great service”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond
Ranked #53 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I am a choice privilege member and I stay at this hotel frequently. I love to stay there. The staff is just excellent. They always call me by name making me feel like part of a family. I feel secure when there and since I am a senior that is a number one for me. The room has everything I need and I feel like I have been spoiled when I leave. I will always stay here and look forward to the next time. Great Job.....................

Room Tip: never had a problem with a room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
sesrichmond, Assistant General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your response will serves as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback

We so look forward to having you as a guest again!!

There are newer reviews for Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond

Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is the first hotel that I ever stayed at that was horrible. The room had a bad smell. It was dirty. The phone and night stand was dirty and sticky. The bathroom had not been swept and prepared by housekeeping. DO NOT STAY HERE. It's unsanitary. I hated staying here. I was afraid to lay in the bed because I thought that it may have had bed bugs. Even though its cost effective, it doesn't mean that cleanliness needs to be overlooked.

• Stayed: July 2013
sesrichmond, Assistant General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our entire team for failing to meet your expectations regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. We take an extreme amount of pride in our hotel. I am so sincerely sorry that you had a bad experience. I will tell you that this is not the "norm" for us and I will take this up with the housekeeping staff to make sure this never happens again.

If you are ever in the area again I would ask that you call and ask for me personally ( Marcy ) and we will WOW! you with our service and cleanliness!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I am a choice privilege member and as always I was welcomed with open arms.. The staff was polite and friendly. The room was neat and clean. Nothing but great experiences when i visit. I have stayed here a few times and each time is better than the last.. Its close to attractions and malls and great dining.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
sesrichmond, Assistant General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay as our guest! Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your imput helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have extended business in Richmond (one year). The Suburban Extended Stay Hotel answers all of my needs, maybe not all of my wants.

The office hours for check-in, guest assistance, and all other support functions are incredible. The staff are friendly and anxious to do a good job. The facilities are quiet and you feel secure. There is an in house laundry room with plenty of machines. The rooms are cleaned once a week with linnen service inclulded, you can get more towels if you need them.

The rooms come with a kitchenette with dishes, utensils, a microwave, a two burner hot plate, and a small refrigerator. If there was a small convection oven and a real refrigerator, it would be ideal.

I am going to be away from my family for a long time and the staff's friendly approach helps a lot. I might have found a furnished apartment for slightly less but then I would have to hassle with utilities, cookware, and maintenance myself. It is an easy stay and nice.

Room Tip: Book ahead, they keep busy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services that we provide and we are so happy that you are enjoying your stay. We look forward to providing you the same pleasant accomodations and service that you have grown accustomed to. It is a pure pleasure to have you on property!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have been here since Feb. 2013. They have an excellent staff. All are very courteous and helpful. I have not had one bad experience with this place. If something breaks they are right on the spot solving the issue. Sarah is a very sweet and polite desk clerk and goes out of her way to with whatever issue you may have. I recommend staying here. You will not regret it. There rates are comparable or better then all the other hotels in the area. My only issue is there isn't a swimming pool. There isn't an on site restaurant but there are plenty to choose from in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide exceptional experience for our guests. We really appreciate you as a guest and hope you stay for a good long time!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Started of good until I got to the hotel and they were charging me two different prices from the booking confirmation. They online booking confirmation was higher than what the hotel charged me.Second the floor was dirty like pet hair was still in the floor, and hair all in the bathroom. Third I had bugs crawling on me at night and one bite me and me and my other woke up to breaks on iur bodies and rashes from the beds. I WAS NOT IMPRESSED

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you so much for taking the time to to let us know about your recent experience as our guest. I am so sorry about the mix up with the cost. This is not an excuse but the person who checked you in was fairly new and we used this as a training opportunity. I am so very sorry about the lack of cleanliness that you encountered. I have also used this a training opportunity with our housekeeping department and have spoken to the head of housekeeping so that this doesn't happen in the future. Also , in response to your note here we called our exterminator to check the room for any type of bug and none was found. I really am sorry that your experience at our hotel was so bad for you I am hoping in the future you will visit us again and give us the chance to " WOW' you!

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We were trying to find a reasonable room for an overnight stop on our trip through Virginia. After reading the good reviews in Trip Advisor we opted for this hotel. The room overall was decent and clean. The bed was very old and creaky/lumpy which didn't fare well for my husband who's a light sleeper. My biggest complaint and it might have just been the room we got (123), but it was VERY smoky. To the point that we both had trouble breathing and woke up with irritated eyes and throat. When we first noticed thow obvious smoke smell, we went to the front desk to ask if there was any other room, but was told they were all like that; mixed on the floors. That would be my only caution to fellow travelers. Especially if you are sensitive to smoke (we aren't, but it was that overwhelming), you may want to stay elsewhere. The hotel is close to 64 and 295 an restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your response to your recent stay at our hotel. I am sincerely sorry that you experienced a high smoke smell during your visit. We are in the process of dealing with this problem and I thank you for bringing it to our attention. I am also sorry that you experienced a problem with the bed as all of our mattresses have recently been replaced with Sealy pillow tops. I am checking that room to make sure that there isn't a problem with that mattress. Thank you so much for bringing this to out attention. I assure that we will take care of it and that your opinion as our guest means alot to us. I am glad that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay and we so look forward to you coming back to see us!