Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond
US$196
US$166
Doubletree.com
US$123
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was visiting in Richmond for a few days and needed somewhere to stay that would be comfortable and affordable. Suburban was a great fit. The rooms were clean, the place was quiet and the staff were very friendly. The Hotel is off the main road, but right in the middle of everything and everywhere that I wanted to go. It was perfect!!! I would stay there again and again.
Happy traveler from Florida

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ptram422
sesrichmond, Assistant General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to come to trip advisor. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I would just like to say after living in the suburban for over 2 years I have had an excellent stay. Reasonable rates good staff absolutely excellent stay would recommend to anyone and would come back again if I'm ever here in Richmond. In my two years I had no issues whatsoever, again excellent stay thank you suburban

• Stayed: January 2014
sesrichmond, Assistant General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Booked here for Thanksgiving. the first room was SO dirty! A layer of dog hair on the carpet, dirty shower/bathroom, very dirty kitchen area with crud on the cabinets, silverware, plates, etc. Visible layer of dust on surfaces (as though they do not dust between visitors). Bedding was extra creepy. Everything smelled like smoke and dogs. Next room was better but still too dirty. Got lysol wipes from the car and cleaned a good amount- but not thrilled about cleaning up strangers bulidup of crud and skin flakes. Ive traveled a fair amount, I've just never ever seen a dirty hotel room. I have asthma that I control pretty well withouot medication, but it was very difficult to breathe at night, I could not sleep. I am not allergic to animals- but with the carpets with so much dander and hair and insufficient/total lack of cleaning, may have done my lungs in. Staff was not happy when we asked for another room. I would think; since we were unhappy with the first, they'd make sure the next was pristine. I dont understand why they dont keep one area for dogs and one for smokers; the halls smelled so badly and so strongly. When i read bad reviews, I thought people were just anal or clean freaks. I felt like a scummy parent having my three year old in this dirty environment : ( On a good note, we did check out early and go next door, and we were not charged, were not given a hard time, and were not even questioned about leaving early. I agree that it is very odd there were no hair dryers. I would have brought one from home; this is something else I have never heard of. The hotel next door was lovely : )

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
sesrichmond, Assistant General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

We are in the process of seperating floors for smokers and pets. It is a long process and I am sorry that you got caught in the middle.

I have spoken to the head of housekeeping and rest assured we take your comments very seriously and will make the necessary steps to insure that this doesnt't happen again,

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was 4 nights too long. We chose it because it was cheap and in a convenient location and we figured, how bad could it be. Allow me to answer that question for you. The halls reeked of some unknown stench that never went away. We bought a candle for our room to mask it. The blanket was so old and nasty we pushed it to a corner and bought a new one at Costco for $10. There was hair in the bathroom, the carpets weren't clean, the walls were thin. We heard a baby crying at midnight nearly every night through the wall. The internet was bad - my partner was relying on it for work and we had to go to a library and barnes and noble so he could work. There wasn't a hair dryer and when I asked the front desk they said they didn't have any. The heater blasted a combination of hot and cool air. it didn't have a way to turn off the blower without unplugging it altogether, so we were constantly having cold air blowing on us while in bed, leaving us cold and dried out. Overall, it was dirty, smelly, and just a very uncomfortable stay. If you can afford it, stay somewhere else. The extra $20 a night is definitely worth it. Eat ramen in luxury if you have to, but I wouldn't recommend you stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
sesrichmond, Assistant General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Reviewed 30 December 2013

First of all, I inadvertently booked this through a third party online not realizing that once I stayed the first night I could not change/leave but was responsible for the entire stay of 3 nights for which I booked. The $25 pet fee per night was somewhat outrageous as other hotels owned by Choice hotels was only $10 per night. The room was okay...nothing to complain about there but the hallways stenched of doggie odor. It was not very pleasant to say the least. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Since it was booked through third party I wasn't given a receipt upon checkout. Would I stay there again? Not on your life.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
sesrichmond, Assistant General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We take great pride in keeping our hotel clean and giving great customer service. I am glad that we were able to satisfy your needs in those areas! I am sorry that you were not happy about our pet fees....I will take this opportunity to check into those rates and those of our competitors. If you truly were not happy we would have been more than happy to refund your money to the 3rd party service that you used. I hope that the next time that you are in town you give us a second chance to WOW you!