“Very different from other burger places!”
Review of Station 2

Station 2
Ranked #78 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: European
Description: Station 2 offers gourmet burgers, craft beers, wine, spirits, and a relaxed atmosphere. Both our food and drink menus highlight the best of what Virginia has to offer. Located in an historic downtown firehouse, Station 2 is part of a revitalized and redefined Richmond landscape.
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My other half and I decided to try Station 2 for dinner per the recommendation of another foodie. We went at dinner time around 6:30 pm.

The Review:
Pros:
Food: If you like something different and unique then Station 2 is the restaurant for you. They have a ton of unique burger, salads, and they even have sausage options too. Everything arrived presentable and hot. I was happy when I took a bite of my burger and it felt like it just came of the grill (I like to eat my side dishes before I eat my main dish).

Food Options: If you are not a fan of red meat or meat, Station 2 has you covered. They offer salads, sausages, turkey burgers and black bean burgers. They also offer gluten free bread as well as other side dishes beyond chips and french fries.

Staff: Everyone at Station 2 was friendly and very helpful. There was a new cook working the day we went so we actually received a bigger portion size of the fruit crisp desert.

Décor: The theme of the restaurant went with the name. You can actually tell that the building use to be a fire station from the outside and the inside. The outside was enhanced to make it look up to date. The inside had fire fighter suits, fire extinguishers and plaques on the wall. The table that we were sitting at actually showed where the fire pole use to be.

Drinks: Station 2 has a ton of drink options. They have floats, juices, sodas, milkshakes, lemonades, teas and adult milkshakes. I opted for a non adult milkshake and got the chocolate covered strawberry. This was my first time receiving a milkshake that really tasted like the name. The milkshake was thick and very smooth. You could tell that it was made from ice cream and not custard, or had ice added to it for thickness.

Cons:
Price: Each burger unless you opt for extra toppings or different bread will start at $10. The price does include a side but $10 is still pretty high for a burger and a side. Since the restaurant resides in Richmond be prepared to pay two taxes (food and city tax). I believe for us two entrees, drinks, and desert came up to $33 not including tax.

Location: Station 2 is located downtown off of East Main Street. Anyone who knows anything about trying to find a parking space in Downtown Richmond knows why this is a con. We were lucky enough to find an open parking spot right at the corner of the restaurant.

Wait: Since everything is cooked and made to order please be prepared to wait. After placing are order we waited at least thirty minutes to receive are meal. After placing the order for desert we waited another ten minutes. The wait may have been due to a new cook in the kitchen, but thirty minutes after ordering is still a long time.

In my opinion if you are tight with money, not into trying something different and have no patience to wait, I would not recommend Station 2. If you do not mind waiting, like to try something different and like to splurge on food, Station 2 is the restaurant for you. I would recommend Station 2 to friends and family. I plan to come back to try one of their floats and sausage dishes.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just a block from the Poe Museum, this burger eatery is great for the entire family. They have very large burgers with a unique combination of toppings, think Ben and Jerry's for burgers.
The sweet potato tater tots were delightful and we ordered a second helping. They also have kid size burgers and for those adults that are watching their waistlines.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a wonderful place to enjoy an excellent burger that's a little off the beaten path. They use a number of organic and locally grown ingredients, and you can taste the difference. There are also vegetarian and gluten-free options. I enjoyed a coffee-smoked burger with sweet potato tots (wow!), while my husband loved his beerfest burger and chili. This place is absolutely worth a trip.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Went in for drinks and appetizers after positive reviews from local Richmonders and loved everything. The "adult milkshakes" are great. Three of us split fried pickles, wet fries, and char-grilled wings (w/ BBQ sauce). Great flavor across the board, only minor criticism was the texture of the wings being a little tough. Otherwise, great service & atmosphere, will definitely eat here again and recommend to friends.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Neat place. Very clean and modern-looking inside. Their selection of burgers are all unique including PB and banana on a burger! Good selection of beers, wine, and "adult" milkshakes. Everyone in my party found something they enjoyed from battered pickles and green beans to beer cheese. Overall a good place to have lunch and loved the GF bread options.