“Great Burgers, Great Service, One Problem”
Review of Station 2

Station 2
Ranked #116 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: European
Description: Station 2 offers gourmet burgers, craft beers, wine, spirits, and a relaxed atmosphere. Both our food and drink menus highlight the best of what Virginia has to offer. Located in an historic downtown firehouse, Station 2 is part of a revitalized and redefined Richmond landscape.
Tampa, Florida
“Great Burgers, Great Service, One Problem”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Ate here with a group of 7 people late on Saturday night. This is one of our go to spots when we come to Richmond. The burgers are always good and the service the same. This is one of the rare spots that knows how to cook a burger to the temperature you ask every time. I order it medium and it comes out medium every time. I would have given it five stars were it not for the mistreatment at the end of our meal. We had just paid our bill and it was close to closing time. One of the bartenders came over and abruptly said "While we were happy to have you, it is 2am and the law says you have to leave." The server had taken our drinks already and we were getting our things together as she said this. It was quite rude... But other than that it was a good meal.

• Visited November 2013

Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, average service”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I went for dinner on Friday nov. 8th after attending happy hour at Havana 59. I have been to station 2 before and the food and beer menu are great. I ordered the Elvis burger which was great. I also ordered the fried pickles which the server forgot but ended up bringing them to the table later and gave them to me for free. The beer list includes a lot of local beers and is always hanging. I highly recommend this place for burgers and beers!!

Visited November 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Very different from other burger places!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My other half and I decided to try Station 2 for dinner per the recommendation of another foodie. We went at dinner time around 6:30 pm.

The Review:
Pros:
Food: If you like something different and unique then Station 2 is the restaurant for you. They have a ton of unique burger, salads, and they even have sausage options too. Everything arrived presentable and hot. I was happy when I took a bite of my burger and it felt like it just came of the grill (I like to eat my side dishes before I eat my main dish).

Food Options: If you are not a fan of red meat or meat, Station 2 has you covered. They offer salads, sausages, turkey burgers and black bean burgers. They also offer gluten free bread as well as other side dishes beyond chips and french fries.

Staff: Everyone at Station 2 was friendly and very helpful. There was a new cook working the day we went so we actually received a bigger portion size of the fruit crisp desert.

Décor: The theme of the restaurant went with the name. You can actually tell that the building use to be a fire station from the outside and the inside. The outside was enhanced to make it look up to date. The inside had fire fighter suits, fire extinguishers and plaques on the wall. The table that we were sitting at actually showed where the fire pole use to be.

Drinks: Station 2 has a ton of drink options. They have floats, juices, sodas, milkshakes, lemonades, teas and adult milkshakes. I opted for a non adult milkshake and got the chocolate covered strawberry. This was my first time receiving a milkshake that really tasted like the name. The milkshake was thick and very smooth. You could tell that it was made from ice cream and not custard, or had ice added to it for thickness.

Cons:
Price: Each burger unless you opt for extra toppings or different bread will start at $10. The price does include a side but $10 is still pretty high for a burger and a side. Since the restaurant resides in Richmond be prepared to pay two taxes (food and city tax). I believe for us two entrees, drinks, and desert came up to $33 not including tax.

Location: Station 2 is located downtown off of East Main Street. Anyone who knows anything about trying to find a parking space in Downtown Richmond knows why this is a con. We were lucky enough to find an open parking spot right at the corner of the restaurant.

Wait: Since everything is cooked and made to order please be prepared to wait. After placing are order we waited at least thirty minutes to receive are meal. After placing the order for desert we waited another ten minutes. The wait may have been due to a new cook in the kitchen, but thirty minutes after ordering is still a long time.

In my opinion if you are tight with money, not into trying something different and have no patience to wait, I would not recommend Station 2. If you do not mind waiting, like to try something different and like to splurge on food, Station 2 is the restaurant for you. I would recommend Station 2 to friends and family. I plan to come back to try one of their floats and sausage dishes.

• Visited July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Unique burgers”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just a block from the Poe Museum, this burger eatery is great for the entire family. They have very large burgers with a unique combination of toppings, think Ben and Jerry's for burgers.
The sweet potato tater tots were delightful and we ordered a second helping. They also have kid size burgers and for those adults that are watching their waistlines.

• Visited July 2013
Mount Vernon, Ohio, United States
“Delicious, Quirky Burger Place”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a wonderful place to enjoy an excellent burger that's a little off the beaten path. They use a number of organic and locally grown ingredients, and you can taste the difference. There are also vegetarian and gluten-free options. I enjoyed a coffee-smoked burger with sweet potato tots (wow!), while my husband loved his beerfest burger and chili. This place is absolutely worth a trip.

• Visited June 2013