“Welcome Home!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Welcome Home!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Best fried chicken voted by all in large party. Collard greens tasty.Southern hospitality at it's best. Rasheka Williams gave great suggestions and excellent service!!

2 Thank Quigs17

Rochester, New York
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

While traveling we searched the web and found this amazing soul food restaurant. The food was cooked to order. We had the trout, catfish, crab cakes, and barbecue ribs. (Four separate dinners of course). The seafood salad, and yams were my personal favorite. The collard greens and cornbread were also good. The hostess was pleasant and very attentive. It was well worth the drive. The only drawback was you must purchase your side dishes Al a carte, which could drive up your price as you will want to try several different side orders. Also there is street parking only. Overall an excellent dining experience and would definitely recommend if in the Richmond area.

2 Thank samantha c
Simpelveld, The Netherlands
“Good, but not as exceptional as some reviews suggest...”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I shared the fried chicken wingettes, spare ribs, and cat fish. The wingettes were absolutely perfect! The meat was fried to perfection and the crust was very tasteful and crispy. The homemade sauces were very, very good.

I ordered the cat fish, since I read some people said it was the best cat fish ever. It was cooked to perfection, nice soft from the inside, and had a tasty crispy crust. But, best ever? No, it wasn't that good. Just very good food! Nothing exceptional!

My wife had the spare ribs, which were very good, but we both agreed I made better ones at home a week before. And my golden rule is: if I can do better at home, it is not exceptional good food! Again, good spare ribs, but not amazing.

If we wouldn't have ordered a side dish of string beans, I would probably have rated this restaurant even better. But the beans were just heated up canned beans... Something a restaurant should NEVER do in my opinion...

Good value for money. Some things (fried chicken wingettes and sauces) were very good, the other food was good, but not as exceptional as some people make you believe it is.

Ow by the way, or server (Jamal?) was a great guy! Very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank ChrisHeiligers
Houston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mmm good!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere was like eating at your familys dinner table.Everyone was so sweet and kind, and the food was delicious!! I've honestly never had food that everything was awesome! I stayed in Va for 4 days and we ate there everyday! It was a home away from home!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Married2anangel
Kentucky
“Great food!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very possibly the best catfish ever ! And I have eat a lot of catfish. Very small, but quite unique Friendly staff. Food takes a while to get to table but well worth the wait! Don't visit Richmond without going to Mam J's!

• Visited June 2014