“I Would Not Recommend this hotel to anyone” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
Ranked #52 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Rochester, New York
“I Would Not Recommend this hotel to anyone”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

My wife and I booked this hotel for 2 nights but only stayed 1 night, the hotel room stunk, pictures were stolen off the wall, and when the room upstairs showered it created a squealing noise, also the shower head was rusty, The Guy that checked us in was extremely nice but in the morning the staff seemed to not have a clue

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Hwood89
Dear Hwood89,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you encountered during your recent stay. If possible, could you please provide us with more details regarding your stay such as the room number etc? All claims will be further investigated and the appropriate action taken. We have recently added new dressers, night stands, headboards, chairs to several of our rooms. Please contact me directly to discuss the issue further.

Americas Best Value Inn-Richmond, VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

It was clean and affordable. Would stay again for a short trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BeachLover8031
Dear BeachLover8031,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean and affordable. rooms. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Americas Best Value Inn-Richmond,VA
anywhere but America Best Inn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place!!! My fiance and I spent Friday and Saturday @ this motel. Sat nite around 10 a so ~called employee approached me while I was on my cell phone outside my room. Without any introduction, he started shouting at me from 15 -20 feet away, telling me to come to the office to pay for my room. I had already paid since 11 am that same morning. So I get off the phone and go inside my room. He continuously calls my room phone, telling me to come to the office now or he was going call the police. My fiance go the office and he is shouting at me again, telling me I need to pay. I tried to explain that I already have. He has a reciept but claimed that I didnt pay. At this point Im very confused, more so than he was. 2 other employees were there and tried to help the situation by explaining to him that we were paid in full on our bill, but he was persisitant saying that I neeeded to pay or leave. Im not really sure what this guy was thinking or trying to prove but the only thing he succeed in was letting me know that is definetly not the place to stay.
The sad part is this is only the 1st half of the problem. After 2 days of trying to reach someone at a corporate office, I have been very unsucessful. they either cant help you or transfer you or wont return your calls or... well they have a ton of excuses as to why they cant do anything about nothing. Not really sure why or how they even have a job. I have been asked by a receptionist type a letter and send it to them so they can loose it or misplace it or do whatever it is they do with this kind of situations. All I know from my experience is that they are very incapable of handling much of anything, from the front desk clerk all the way to the top in the corporate office. This is why I took the time to write this and forwarn you. Hoping to save you from the harassing headache and waste of time experience that I have been through.

If I could have gave 0 stars, I would have. This place is off the charts in being rude and disrepectful.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank BigD1ck
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. At the time, It was reported that there was a pet in the room. Please know that there is an extra charge for this service. In addition, there are safety issues involved as our staff may not be aware that there is a pet in the room. We did, however, refund you for 1 night of your stay due to any inconvenience caused to you. Each of our hotels are independently owned and operated. Under the bylaws established by the Advisory Board, the property owner is required to respond directly to your complaint. We perform all of this work in the interest of establishing and maintaining excellent relations not only with our guests but, also with our licensee hotel.

Kindest regards,
Americas Best Value Inn-Richmond, VA

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

North Brunswick, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

we could have trusted previous bad reviews on tripadvisor, but we booked this as it was avarge price and close to a place where we had to go. But it was a mistake and I would advice to avoid this motel if possible.
First, they gave us a room that was already occupied!!! Imagine is someone breaks into your room with their luggage...it was terrible mistake of the staff. And that happened to all 3 rooms we booked for that night..isn't it height?
Also, that area is not safe, they have some mexican club next to entrance, where police keep patrolling with torch and everything for entire night. Not good for family travelers.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank rutansh
Dear rutansh,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I am concerned about the negative experience you encountered during your stay. There is never an excuse to provide anything less than a perfect stay. The Mexican Club you are referring is not part of our motel. It was currently under new ownership. We have also trained our staff so that these incidents will not happen again. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

This place was terrible! The person working the front desk didn't speak English very well and kept getting my rate wrong. A friend called the hotel directly to get a hold of me, and it took him ten minutes to explain he needed room 105; the person that answered the phone kept trying to make them a reservation. The people in the room next to mine had their car stolen. This place is nothing more than a glorified nookie motel.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank YourDogsAllWet
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our front desk did not meet your expectations. We wish to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. We will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Once again, we appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Danville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

We checked in, which was the only highlight of the stay. Got to the room and saw there were 3 towels, one for each of us. Went to the desk to ask for another towel because I have very long, thick hair and like to wrap it in a towel when I get out of the shower while I'm drying off. They wouldn't give me one. Said I would have to come ask for it in the morning. What's the difference?? Tonight or in the morning? By the time I got back to the room, my husband and son were covered in fleas!!!. There were fleas crawling all over their socks and jumping around all over the place! This is a hotel that does NOT accept pets, so where did the fleas come from? I immediately called down to tell him about the fleas and ask for our room to be changed. He gave me a hard time and practically told me I was crazy. Finally agreed to give me another room. By the time I got downstairs, I had changed my mind about even staying there. when I told him I didn't want another room, that instead I wanted a refund and we were going to go somewhere else, he wasn't going to give it to me, because there policy was refunds only within the first 10 minutes and it had been 16 minutes since I checked in. Well, I threw a fit explaining that some of that 16 minutes was spent trying to get another towel and then spending time on the phone with him arguing about whether or not there were fleas in the room. Needless to say, I demanded he call a manager or even a district manager and when I did that, he finally gave me a refund. We hopped on the highway and got the hell out of there. I'm not saying the whole hotel has fleas, but room 213 definitely did. And there customer service was horrible - I can't believe he would argue with me about whether or not there were fleas in the room!! I told him to take a walk up there in white socks and see how fast they became polka dotted with black fleas!!! Stay far far away from this place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vannaspice
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had. We do have a local pest control company who treat and inspect our rooms every month. Please note that our hotel does accept pets. We believe these corrective measures will enhance the overall experience at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

We were starting off our trip here just for a quick night stay before the real vacation started. We got in around bed time and got out in the morning. Nobody bothered us , had friendly neighbors and the shower was clean. Everything worked fine. Just take your spray (as i always do) to get the musty smell out. I would recommend it for one night. There is a bar or something next door but we were in before ten and had no problems. So looking for a cheap night stay with a clean shower here it is.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HeLives777
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guestrooms. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Americas Best Value Inn-Richmond, VA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian
DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!