“You get what you pay for unfortunately”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
Ranked #56 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Alexandria, Virginia
“You get what you pay for unfortunately”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I booked this room by mistake and since I paid in advance I had no choice but to stay...
As soon as you pull up it looks like nowhere I want to be. Front desk guy was nice enough. He immediately asks if I need to hang clothes because if I do I can't there is nowhere in the room to do that. I get in my room and the smell is horrible, maybe mold unsure. I try to turn on my tv and the remote does not work. I called front desk and instead of him coming to me he asks me to bring the remote to the front desk myself. Mind you this is 10 pm in a horrible side of town, not to mention it's freezing outside. I ofcourse walked it over he said it had to be trashed. Pulls out another old remote and gives it to me. This one did work so I was ok. Tine for a shower....the water turns hot and cold sporadically. Also if you come on a weekend bring ear plugs. There is a club around there loud music all night long. Again I booked this hotel by accident at a very cheap price. Confirms sadly you get what you pay for. I would not recommend this place to anyone. This is definitely not a family friendly place. Choose wisely, I know going forward I will pau closer attention to my reservations.

• Stayed February 2014
abvirichmond01, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear busybeeme83,

On behalf of the staff and management of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for sharing a review with us. I am sorry to hear about the issues such as not having a clothes rack or TV remote in your room. Rest assured, all complaints are investigated and the appropriate action will be taken. Unfortunately, we have no control over the surrounding businesses such as the night club. We do not own or operate it. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Nick-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Richmond, VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

The stay was okay for one night. There were a few things that I spotted that could have been fixed. When I walked in the room I automatically noticed that the table was broken (top completely detached from the bottom), there were missing pillows, and the one of the lamps that hung above the bed had a big hole in it. It's was a pretty run down room, but to say the least it was clean. Honestly, I have stayed in a better room before for around the same price.

• Stayed January 2013
abvirichmond01, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you encountered during your recent stay. If possible, could you please provide us with more details regarding your stay such as the room number etc? All claims will be further investigated and the appropriate action taken. We have recently added new dressers, night stands, headboards, chairs to several of our rooms. Please contact me directly to discuss the issue further.

Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

We arrived after a long drive and needed a place that accepted pets. The first room we got had a tv that did not work. The second room was on the first floor (much better than the second) - the tv worked but the remote did not. Beds were very hard. Don't expect a white robe hanging in the closet. This is not the best neighborhood. It was OK for one night, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Louisvillenick
abvirichmond01, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you encountered during your recent stay. If possible, could you please provide us with more details regarding your stay such as the room number etc? All claims will be further investigated and the appropriate action taken. Please contact me directly to discuss the issue further.

Americas Best Value Inn-Richmond, VA

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

Shocking that I use ABV Inn across the US and this was the 1st I have heard of no weekly rates. My company uses hotels frequently and I am disappointed with your front desk and their short cold answers. The first words out her mouth is NO with no explanation of any sort. Asked to speak with the hotel manager "NO" asked what are the weekly rates "NO". I guess I should of asked do you recommend anyone staying here and I would of got the correct answer "NO".

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank G P
abvirichmond01, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you encountered but we have are motel policy no weekly rate because some customers who stayed weekly before messed up the rooms and broke the furnitures. I apologize on behalf of the front desk clerk who didn't explained you why we don't rent rooms by week.

Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Not too many choices in the part of Richmond, so we booked this to be close to the VA, where a family member was having surgery. Almost backed out, when we saw the glass booth and locks on the office area. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean, but the bathroom was horid. Tthe towels were so thin that you could read through them. In addition, they did not clean the room the next morning or bring fresh towels. The guy in the office did not understand English and brough us two bath mats for towels. Area is seedy -- did not feel safe. Was happy to leave. Price was cheap -- so I guess we got our money's worth.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Debra D
abvirichmond01, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
I'm concerned about the multiple issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area.

Americas Best Value Inn
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

My wife and I booked this hotel for 2 nights but only stayed 1 night, the hotel room stunk, pictures were stolen off the wall, and when the room upstairs showered it created a squealing noise, also the shower head was rusty, The Guy that checked us in was extremely nice but in the morning the staff seemed to not have a clue

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Hwood89
abvirichmond01, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Hwood89,

Bob-GM
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

It was clean and affordable. Would stay again for a short trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BeachLover8031
abvirichmond01, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear BeachLover8031,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean and affordable. rooms. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Bob-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Richmond,VA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Express
Airport Inn Motel Richmond
#48 of 81 in Richmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian
DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!