“Won't stay again”

Ranked #41 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
barnstable
“Won't stay again”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

In April I traveld from north to south and thought this would be a good place to stop, I was wrong. When I drove up there was a room on thee first floor with the lights all on in the room and the windows open. I thought I hope that isn't my room! It was, when I got checked in and went to the room the smell was horrible and the window was broken! I did change my room,I was moved to the third floor where construction a was going on. Needless to say I was up and out very early in the am. Not a restful night on the road.

Room Tip: The people at the desk were nice
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank pat g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Overall good stay. Front desk was very attentive. I'd come back again based on the service provided. Excellent breakfast options available and speedy service for a family of five. Bathroom was clean and there was no problem bringing our dog.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Robert S
Pinetown, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Our basketball team stayed here the weekend of May 25, 2013. The staff allowed me to check in early around 2pm. The room and bathroom was clean. There is a washer and dryer on the 2nd floor. The hotel is located right off 95. There is a flea market on the weekends across the street from the hotel. It is fenced in and doesn't take from the hotel. There is a Subway, McDonalds and Burger King around the hotel.
The hotel was fine to stay. The only draw back that I saw.... the next day.... was they allowed pets
any size.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
new jersey
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a stopover on our way down to North Carolina. We arrived at 1am and this was not an issue with checking in. The hotel is right off the highway and easy to get to. The room was ok, definitely clean but as other reviews stated it did smell like smoke even though it was a smoke free room. Breakfast was decent selections just wish it had been available past 9. Decor is outdated but it looked like they were updating rooms when we were there. Would stay again as long as price is right.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank melmabelle24
Sayre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Hotel was decorated very colonial, not like your modern La Quinta decor. Our over nite stay was very nice both times. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel was was very close to 95. Very easy off and on to 95.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LaSalle, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Our road trip from Canada took us to Savannah GA, then to Charleston SC and our third stop Richmond VA on our civil war tour of battlefields, monuments and museums. At all three stops we stayed at La Quinta Inn's, the first two stops the hotels were more modern and updated but this one, did not disappoint, even being a bit older it is very clean and well run. Service at check in was quick and easy, our room was big and very clean and although some reviews mentioned the "dirty torn" carpet I don't know what they were talking about. The carpet was older but very clean, NO rips or tears....and although they are dog friendly the hotel was very quite and no doggie smell anywhere, we do not have pets so I am sure I would have noticed. We stayed two nights there while seeing the Richmond area and unlike the other La Quinta Inn's we stayed at previously this one is a little out of the way but not too far a drive from restaurants. We drove about 5 or 6 minutes down the road to a large strip of restaurants from fast food/take out to family friendly to upper scale; there were so many choices and different varities that if we had of stayed a week we would not have to eat at the same place twice. Speaking of food the free breakfast offered at the hotel was very good and nicely presented.... you could make waffles with syrup, toast bagles or bread topped with cream cheese or PB&J, have fruit and yogurt, one of four kinds of cereal/milk or egg and cheese omlet with sausage; excellent way to start your day of sightseeing or hitting the road for your next stop. I would recommend this hotel located only seconds off the expressway.

Room Tip: Again all rooms are nice, we asked for a quite room and that is what we received. As I have stated...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South
Candlewood Suites Richmond-South
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#64 of 81 in Richmond
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Country Inn & Suites Chester
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond

Been to La Quinta Inn Richmond South? Share your experiences!