“Worst stay ever!!!! Will never use the place again....”

La Quinta Inn Richmond South
Ranked #42 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Bronx, New York
“Worst stay ever!!!! Will never use the place again....”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

If your looking for a cheap place to stay quickly, this may suit you, but if it's a long stay run!!!! First there is never anyone at the front desk!!!especially at night it's like a ghost town, you have to look for the staff. second there is no way for you to identify staff because no one wears uniforms. I had two rooms reserved, once I arrived, I was told that one of the rooms was a handicap, in which i did not ask for, when I asked why i was told the I was informed when I made reservations..Never happened. while I was waiting for my room children was running every where come to find out it was the maids children? Huh...The person over the breakfast very rude, yell at the guest and basically told them to move so he can clean, ok...also I watched him take the same rag he was cleaning with, wipe he face and went back to wiping the surface with the same rag. Back to the rooms, that 2nd room was for my son and his wife, they checked in paid in cash, and they still charged my card for the same room. after arguing with them they gave my son the cash back..This place is very very unprofessional, this review my not make a difference for some, but at least you know what to expect.. I will never go here again!!!!!

Room Tip: Look for somewhere else to stay, please take my advice!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Loretta B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Nice and clean rooms comfy beds and no fee dogs great easy on and off at desk awesome hot breakfast nice and bright will stop here again go to welcome center and ask they give you a list of pet friendly hotels that helps a whole lot and this one was on it and good rate

• Stayed July 2013
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times when traveling between Massachusetts and Florida. Each time I reserved a smoking room. While a nice hotel and reasonably priced, the last 2 times I checked in they told me that they had no more smoking rooms available even though I reserved one weeks before. Consequently, I will not stay at this hotel again. They have smoking rooms, I reserved one, and then it was not available when I went to check in.

Room Tip: A smoking room is just a request and not a guarantee I was told.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Kutztown
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We have no hot water at the sink, and the toilet seat has one screw. We told the front desk early this morning, but nothing was done. The room is clean, and the bed is comfortable; however, the no hot water at the sink is a total deal breaker considering the price. Breakfast is mediocre, and the wafflemakers are not functioning properly. We are checking out and moving to another motel in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lindun104

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

For an overnight stay it was one of a few dog friendly hotels near Richmond. The King Suite was comfortable, clean, and we felt safe. Other then the pull out couch not being the greatest sleep I was able to relax with free wifi. The king size bed I heard was very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Eric121
Washington, DC
Reviewed 5 July 2013

After a long day of traveling along 95S, we decided to find a hotel and call it a night. Unfortunately I did not have the benefit of Trip Advisor to help me make my selection this time. There were a few hotels in this area and I thought it would be "fun" to a try La Quinta as we have never stayed in one. We are a travel loving family of three. My usual first priority is a pool so my very active seven-year old can burn off some energy. This La Quinta did not have a pool. Our evening check-in went smoothly and the gentleman who checked us in was very friendly. Our room was clean, but tired looking. But we were tired too so we were even. Bathroom was serviceable but short on amenities. We did not even touch the in-room coffee. As we are pretty close to being coffee snobs one really has to choose a pricier hotel to get good in-room coffee. The breakfast bar served the usual offerings and was fine. I used the exercise room and while not the best, it wasn't the worst I have seen. While our morning check out went smoothly, there was no communication which bothers me. I liked to be asked how I enjoyed my stay and like being told nice things such as "hope we see you again." I don't believe this gentleman said a word other than "bye." This La Quinta provided us with a room and a good night's sleep. It is, however, what I consider to be an average hotel. I have had a more enjoyable stay and more personable service at what I consider to be other average hotels such as Best Western or Econo Lodge. For that reason, La Quinta won't be my first choice from now on.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank happythreesome
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South
#67 of 81 in Richmond
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 14 in Chester

Been to La Quinta Inn Richmond South? Share your experiences!