All reviewsroom was cleana pet friendly hotelhalfway pointking suiteovernight stayyogurtfree breakfasthot breakfastpetslqtileaccommodations
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My wife called to make a reservation while we were heading north on 95. Arrived Friday night late around 11:30 . Checked into room and the bathroom light did not work. I tried calling front desk but the phone was not working. Walked down to the front desk and explained about bathroom light. I was informed it could not be looked at until the morning because the maintenance people were not there. Ok so they put us into another room. We moved all our stuff to the other room.Now its like midnight and the room was a little warm inside. I checked ac unit and it was set on 70. Turend it down to 65 and nothing but hot air. I picked up the phone to call front desk again and guess what the phone did not work either. Walk back down to front desk explained the ac promblem . Ok so the solution is lets try another room. We moved our things again now its around 12:30 we are dragging now. Room was musty smelling and some cabnets were missing doors. The night counter working was a young college kid who was very sorry for all the B.S we were going thru . He told me he was going to leave a note for the manager. My wife and I were so tired we just gave up and tried to get a few hours of sleep. In the morning we were checking out and explained to manager what all took place lastnight. He said yes I was left a note. The only thing he said was sorry. We not looking for anything but a little more then just sorry would of been nice. I emailed the main office just telling them the horriable stay we had. Day or two later I get a email from the manager at this hotel that he would give us 25% our next time in his hotel. Thats a joke we would not stay there for free. The entire hotel needs to be updated and needs a real good cleaning.

Room Tip: Go some were else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We make it a point to stay at hotels we can trust for consistently clean rooms and good service. We had a good experience here. I had made an online reservation because it was the Labor Day weekend and the desk person actually knew my name (I guess most guests are walk-in). He was very nice and called me by name at check out. The room was a king suite (just $15 more). Very clean, nicely decorated. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

After a long day on the road and a bit of a search to find a room we found the La Quinta. It was wonderful, clean, quiet, roomy and a nice big bathroom with endless hot water. We ordered take out which came quickly and enjoyed it on the sofa, so nice not to have to eat where we sleep, and watched a little tv on the big flat screen. Would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Flea spray out in the open was a good tip of what I was in for, I stayed there because work placed me there. I saw the cockroach the last day climbing up the wall from the food counter. The tv worked fine and the smelly room was cold so I could get by, but if my family was with me I would try some where else.

Room Tip: bring your dog, no problem here
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We usually stay at a Marriott product (ie: Fairfield or Residence Inn) on our way South, but chose LQ this time because of their pet friendly policy. Location was excellent, as it was right off the highway, and it was indeed pet friendly. However, people friendly was a whole other story! We arrived at 5:30 in the afternoon after a grueling 9 hours of traffic on I95. There was one man at the desk and very few cars in the lot. (The same man was there when we returned from dinner at 9:00, and again the next morning at checkout), He was not very friendly, did not seem to know how to smile, and curtly informed us that we could not have a ground floor room as we requested for our 5 month old puppy's need to get outdoors quickly. When we got to our 3rd floor room, we were greeted by an overpowering smell of disinfectant and a blast of frigid air from the antiquated A/C unit. The king-sized bed was comfortable and clean, but everything else was very shabby and badly in need of updating. The bathroom toilet seat was broken and sliding around, the shower head was cracked and the sink was stained and crazed. All the carpets were worn.

Breakfast was only adequate, but the server there was a large, sloppy looking man, using a dirty rag to wipe down counters occasionally. The chambermaid had 2 children following her around.

All in all, we were not happy and will not return. Hopefully by our next trip, Marriott will have reevaluated their pet policies!

• Stayed: August 2013