“Another Great Stay @ LQ!!”

La Quinta Inn Richmond South
Ranked #42 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
A TripAdvisor Member
Wolcott, CT
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Staying at LQ never disappoints. Always clean & quiet, we get a great nights sleep, & our pet stays free. Why stay anywhere else? It wouldn't make sense. We've stayed at discount, "leave the light on" places that turned out to be a nightmare.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stopped at this La Quinta on Tuesday evening. as soon as I pulled into the parking lot, I said to my wife "this ain't good". There was trash around the building, leaves had not been removed, a couple of watering hoses were laying about, and one room had a board covering a broken window..!!! Anyway, I registered, and got to the room. The room was adequate, nothing special and was relatively clean as was the interior of the place. The breakfast was OK...again nothing special. We had no problems but this place should be taken care of much better. Would I stay at this La Quinta again....probalbly not.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stopped here on our way to Florida as it is the half way point on our trip which put us just to the south of Richmond. The staff was very friendly and efficient. Our dog was welcomed and we were given a room on the first floor close to the outside. The hotel was close to I-95 which made it very convenient off and on the highway, yet it was very quiet and comfortable. Air conditioning was efficient and we really enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub after the long drive! The front desk offered local restaurants where we could order in and were very surprised at the amount of food for such a low price. We definitely will stay here again on our way through.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Paula C
Reviewed 2 November 2013

No one at desk when I first arrived, phone there that said to dial O, got a recording. Older hotel not as clean as it good be.. outside had bottles, cups, trash and the dumpster was overrunning into the parking lot. I had ask for a room on the first floor near the exit, I had taken my dog, but was put midway on the second floor. The room's door had been clawed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DORIS H
Reviewed 28 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This was the smelliest & dirty La Quinta I have ever stayed in. The bottom of the room door was all chewed up from dog bites or claws & I was lied to by the front desk, they told me no dogs had been in that room, when I confronted the indian front desk clerk he then told me it had been two years since a dog was in the room. I would not encourage anyone stay there, the powers to be in La Quinta should look into this place for the sake of their reputation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob H
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very convenient to I-95 and so it's a good place to stay overnight with pets when traveling. It definitely could use updating...especially the bathrooms. I also noticed that there were four digger emit kinds of towels stocked in our bathroom. They were all white but had different patterns. This is no big deal to me but somehow it just cheapens it. Carpeting looks new except for in the elevator where it really needs to be replaced. While the carpets look clean they could definitely use some extra attention along the walls. In other words get out the crevice tool! The room was a good size and the King bed was fairly comfortable. Linens were fine not luxury but not shabby either. Breakfast was fairly typical with a good selection of cold stuff as well as prefab eggs, sausage, and potatoes. With some paint here and there, a little work on the carpeting, and updated bathrooms this place could be really nice. Overall it's a fine place to stay overnight.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank cloudydrms
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South
#63 of 82 in Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond South
Hampton Inn Richmond South
#28 of 82 in Richmond

Been to La Quinta Inn Richmond South? Share your experiences!