“Ya get watcha pay for so Ummm....THINK LONG & HARD!!!”

La Quinta Inn Richmond South
Ranked #42 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
“Ya get watcha pay for so Ummm....THINK LONG & HARD!!!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

If it wasn't raining like crazy and if it wasn't 1am, there is NO WAY IN HELL we would stay here! They updated the outside of this place to "lure" you in! DONT BE FOOLED--it's a TRICK! The rooms feels like a 1-star establishment. The carpet is dirty. The towels feel like sandpaper and are dingy. The ONLY good thing about this place is that you get what you pay for! Guess you can't expect much for $66 :-(
Oh well...at least they are not super expensive.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Riley T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Staying at LQ never disappoints. Always clean & quiet, we get a great nights sleep, & our pet stays free. Why stay anywhere else? It wouldn't make sense. We've stayed at discount, "leave the light on" places that turned out to be a nightmare.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stopped at this La Quinta on Tuesday evening. as soon as I pulled into the parking lot, I said to my wife "this ain't good". There was trash around the building, leaves had not been removed, a couple of watering hoses were laying about, and one room had a board covering a broken window..!!! Anyway, I registered, and got to the room. The room was adequate, nothing special and was relatively clean as was the interior of the place. The breakfast was OK...again nothing special. We had no problems but this place should be taken care of much better. Would I stay at this La Quinta again....probalbly not.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Whitefield, New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stopped here on our way to Florida as it is the half way point on our trip which put us just to the south of Richmond. The staff was very friendly and efficient. Our dog was welcomed and we were given a room on the first floor close to the outside. The hotel was close to I-95 which made it very convenient off and on the highway, yet it was very quiet and comfortable. Air conditioning was efficient and we really enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub after the long drive! The front desk offered local restaurants where we could order in and were very surprised at the amount of food for such a low price. We definitely will stay here again on our way through.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Paula C
Oak Hill, West Virginia
Reviewed 2 November 2013

No one at desk when I first arrived, phone there that said to dial O, got a recording. Older hotel not as clean as it good be.. outside had bottles, cups, trash and the dumpster was overrunning into the parking lot. I had ask for a room on the first floor near the exit, I had taken my dog, but was put midway on the second floor. The room's door had been clawed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

3 Thank DORIS H
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This was the smelliest & dirty La Quinta I have ever stayed in. The bottom of the room door was all chewed up from dog bites or claws & I was lied to by the front desk, they told me no dogs had been in that room, when I confronted the indian front desk clerk he then told me it had been two years since a dog was in the room. I would not encourage anyone stay there, the powers to be in La Quinta should look into this place for the sake of their reputation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Bob H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South
Candlewood Suites Richmond-South
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#64 of 81 in Richmond
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Country Inn & Suites Chester
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond

Been to La Quinta Inn Richmond South? Share your experiences!