“Such A Nice Place”

La Quinta Inn Richmond South
Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 2 December 2010

I recently stayed at this Hotel on my way home from Atlanta. I was pleasantly surprised with this budget inn. The hotel was very clean. The rooms were modern. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave along with a coffee pot and coffee packs. Other hotels I stayed at did not provide these amenities and I was very grateful to be able to store some beverages overnight. The rooms were very well done and the bedding was very nice. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for an economical overnight stay. I forgot to mention the hotel only cost me $55.00 plus tax for a queen room.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 October 2010

We were traveling from SW FL to NYC to see our son and needed a pet friendly hotel to stay overnight. I searched from the road, then read the reviews on TripAdvisor before making the reservation. The clerk was very friendly when we checked in and after 15 hrs on the road, we found the beds to be very comfortable. There are several restaurants about 3 miles away, but it was a short drive. I called in the order and picked it up in a matter of minutes. The continental breakfast was nice, with waffles, fruit, cereal, pastries...the usual.
We found the room to be clean and we will stay at La Quinta Inn again!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2010

After a great stay at the LQ in Stonington, CT we are really disappointed with this LQ. Only good thing about it is its location right off I 95. Our Deluxe King Suite smelled of old smoke and efforts to cover it up. Room had a homemade looking countertop with bar sink and an old tv sitting on top of a 5.5" "closet". Very noisy, sounded like kids running relay races in room above us. Could hear the tv from the room next to us better than our own. Only one bar of soap in bathroom. Waited 10 minutes at front desk to get another and then was asked "Is there no soap in your room?" And then wanted my room # ...just to get a bar of soap! It's funny as the little sticker on the bathroom mirror encourages your to get anything you've forgotten or need at the front desk! HA! We're supposed to be here 2 nights to visit Civil War sites, but I don't know if I can stand it. On a positive note, the bed linens are updated and bed seems to be very comfortable, like our last LQ stay. Just hope the place quiets down so I can sleep!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Stopped here for the night while moving my sister back up to NJ from Georgia (4 adults + dog in moving crew). When I checked in there were no rooms with 2 double beds available so they offered us two suites at a heavily discounted rate. Since this brought the room rate close to the price of a regular room I gladly accepted. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The A/C worked great. Breakfast in the morning was very good too. I arrived late but the employee went in the back and got the belgium waffle batter so I could make myself a waffle and gave us some OJ even though they had closed up the breakfast station. Very attentive, friendly and helpful. This is my second stay at a La Quinta and was not let down. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank TheMetz
Reviewed 7 August 2010

We stayed here one night, traveling with our small pet (which is why we picked this hotel). The person at the desk was too busy making phone calls to do more than give hurry-up service -- this wasn't just me, I saw him give the same treatment to several other customers. The rooms are clean, but nothing special -- but the reason for the low stars is because of the paper-thin walls. The man in the next room had what we used to call a smoker's cough -- he didn't get much sleep, and neither did we. The people walking overhead may well have been elephants, we heard their ever move.

Fitness center is very small but functional. Vending machines did not work (and only offered beverages, no food available). No "Welcome to La Quinta" or any other literature in the room to help you find a place to eat -- not even a phone book!

Breakfast was extremely disappointing, not up to La Quinta's usual standards. The cookies La Q. always provides on check-in were not the usual fresh-baked ones, but stale packaged cookies -- okay it's a small thing, but it indicates a lack of caring.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Revglenrose
Reviewed 25 July 2010

The March 18, 2020 review is on the mark. This La Quinta has all the upgraded room furnishings and is extremely well-managed; staff is friendly and efficient. Management has employed inobstrusive (i.e. hardly noticeable) cameras that subtly monitor main interior hallway locations and external doors/premises. I liked it as provided an extra sense of security and accountability. The enhanced breakfast was fine as well as the work-out room; internet connection was very good to excellent. Foyer contained one guest-access computer.

The hotel is off exit 64 on I-95 (one exit past the Bells Road, Philip Morris exit). Don't be fooled or put-off by the VIP Inn, Burger King/Gas station combo and other "sketchy feeling" buildings nearby. The area is quite save. There is also a Carlson-brand Country Suites hotel accoss the street, and they don't normally build in dubious locations.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2010

Not sure we will be using La Quinta again. They seem a little pricey and I think they
stuck me with a bad room for my free stay. That being said, of the 10 La Quintas that
we stayed at, this was the newest, nicest and the free breakfast amenities were better
than average.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South
#63 of 82 in Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond South
Hampton Inn Richmond South
#29 of 82 in Richmond

Been to La Quinta Inn Richmond South? Share your experiences!