“Need to Return”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Need to Return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

As for visiting several speedways, I went during a common weekday, no races. Usually I find a gift shop at the side of the ticket place and pay for a guided tour exploiting local facilities and a ride on track. At the ticket place I've asked for the shop, no shop, and for the ride. The gentleman at the ticket place took his radio and made a contact. Few minutes latter, we two were sited in the next NASCAR race's pace car, driven by Jacquelyn, the President's assistant. She drove us to the traditional ride, but instead of a van appropriate for tours, what a car! Wish you the same luck and, Mr. President, what a team you have!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank BigJoe1955

Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Night Race! 12th Man Style!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was a great night. Aside from Tony Stewart's performance everything was great. There were 9 of us mostly from the Seattle area, ended up on the backstretch because of trying to book 9 seats together. Worked out great, plenty of food choices, bathrooms right below our seats and I don't think there is a bad seat in the house at RIR. There is cool bar on the backstretch that is worth having a drink at and watching a few laps from. We sported our 12th man flag and a couple Hawks jerseys. It was fitting as RG3 was the grand marshall and there were hundreds of Redskin fans in attendance. Kasey Kane gave us a thumbs up as he did his driver intro drive around the track. Overall a great track glad we made the trip!

columbus
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Night Race”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Get the early - lots of activities to do. Parking was not too painful. Food choices were good - prices were fair. We did the pitpass - was a lot of fun & got great pictures. WE did food option and it was good & nice & cool. Make sure that you rent the scanners - would help keep you informed - we did not but wish we had! Very fan friendly place to be!

Orchard Park, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome race!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Loved the track! Hated the drunks in the stands. Almost had fights, smoking, throwing beer cans. Not very family friendly.

Virginia Beach VA
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Excellent Racing, but a few important things missing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have been to many, many races here at RIR as this is my home track. I watched Richard Petty climb on the dozer and start tearing up the old half mile track. Luckily, along the way they figured out that race 2 was a bad idea in Richmond. Now we have night race which are the very best. Of course I love the place and now that I don't have to park in a horse stable, better yet. My issue has nothing to do with the racing because as we locals know, it is the best. Nope, my deal is with the infrastructure outside the course. At the last race, we drove in and my friend is handicapped but is too proud to get a permit. The parking people refused our bribe and let us drive closer to the tram.

Now all is well as we get out chairs, charcoal, beer, grill, etc and prepare to tailgate for a few hours before the race. For those of you familiar with tailgating at a NASCAR race, there are certain things that you need to do after awhile. So I looked around the huge parking lot with maybe 1000 cars and see 5 (yes that is FIVE) port-a-potties in the entire lot. I will leave it to your imagination or ingenuity to speculate on how people dealt with that part. To add insult to injury, just prior to the time when people would head to the circuit, the honey dipper boys came and scooped the 5 units leaving none. I'm sure it was a long, long tram ride for many.

My friend loved the escalators to the mezzanine. He said there was no way he could walk up and after the team walk, well I believed him. My extreme compliments to RIR. As usual we had a great time. Nothing like the Sweet Virginia Breeze blowing over you at RIR.

Meanwhile racing was great, I sucked on my pool and that is that.

vbdenny