“Excellent Ribs and sides!”

Ronnies Ribs, Wings, and Other Things
Ranked #303 of 1,607 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There is a Facebook Page
San Diego, California
“Excellent Ribs and sides!”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Having had ribs all over the country I can honestly say the ribs here are some of the best. I've been twice this week, everyone has been as friendly as can be, cant wait to visit again next time I'm in town. Featured on Food Networks best thing I ever ate!

• Visited August 2012

Chesterfield, New Jersey
“It's the best!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Not being a Southerner, I have a pretty open mind (so I'd like to think) on what is good barbecue. Well, here in Richmond, you have your Kansas style people, your Carolina style, your Memphis style, etc........I really don't worry about which is which, but if it is good or not. And Ronnie's......it's just good!!!! Based on the vinegar-like odor from the homemade barbecue sauce, I'm going to have to guess that they are more Carolina based by what do I know?
Now Ronnie's isn't your typical restaurant......it isn't even a cafeteria. It's a trailer converted into a kitchen in a deserted parking lot with a huge meat smoker on the side and some picnic tables under a fold-up tent. So, I suggest that you don't wear your nice suit or any other formal dinner attire when visiting Ronnie's unless you are taking out.
Having been my 1st, of what will be many visits, the proprietors suggested I try their sampler platter ($14 w tax). I had a huge pile of THE BEST pulled pork I have ever encountered, 4 ribs that melted in my mouth, 2 large wings with a unique smoked taste and 3 thick cuts of beef brisket. Along with the meat, were 2 rolls to make sandwiches as well as 2 small containers of the barbecue sauce. I highly recommend asking for extra barbecue sauce with any order ( I could have used at least 2 more containers). My favorite item was the pulled pork but the wings and ribs were very close seconds. I could easily enjoy a dozen of the wings or a rack of the ribs. The beef was very good as well but it just didn't stack up to the other items.
Should you order a sampler, be ready to either eat or share if you enjoy your food hot. I had nobody to share with so I opted to eat all of my food. Needless to say, I had no need to eat for the rest of the evening.......I was FULL. The fellas that run Ronnie's were more than friendly and definitely ready to help you with your barbecue needs. One helpful hint: Ronnie's is closed on Mondays as are a lot of the eating establishments in the immediate area. Now, I've eaten at a few of the other barbecue establishments in town and they are good. Now that I have eaten at Ronnie's......the bar has been risen to a whole new level.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank FlyGuy12
Prince George, Virginia
“Good Barbecue...”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Good barbecue at a walk up trailer. Decent pork barbeque sandwich and ribs. Baked beans were better than expected. Service was friendly.

• Visited April 2012