“Incredible ribs!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: There is a Facebook Page
Description: There is a Facebook Page
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We learned about this place from the Food Network show Best Thing I Ever Ate! and it was correct - they make the best ribs. It is basically a trailer in a parking lot, but don't let the look of the place turn you away.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

This BB place is located in a parking lot.
I had a bisque sandwich combo with cole slaw. The meat was super tender and tasty (is a little spicy). I enjoyed it. But the cole slaw was awful.
I also tasted the ribs. They were really tasty. And they have an amazing rub.
I think that this place is a good value for money. It has tasty meat but the choice of sides are terrible: lays chips, cole slaw and potato salad. And the sauces weren't good. They should work on it.
It's very popular among locals.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Having had ribs all over the country I can honestly say the ribs here are some of the best. I've been twice this week, everyone has been as friendly as can be, cant wait to visit again next time I'm in town. Featured on Food Networks best thing I ever ate!

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Not being a Southerner, I have a pretty open mind (so I'd like to think) on what is good barbecue. Well, here in Richmond, you have your Kansas style people, your Carolina style, your Memphis style, etc........I really don't worry about which is which, but if it is good or not. And Ronnie's......it's just good!!!! Based on the vinegar-like odor from the homemade barbecue sauce, I'm going to have to guess that they are more Carolina based by what do I know?
Now Ronnie's isn't your typical restaurant......it isn't even a cafeteria. It's a trailer converted into a kitchen in a deserted parking lot with a huge meat smoker on the side and some picnic tables under a fold-up tent. So, I suggest that you don't wear your nice suit or any other formal dinner attire when visiting Ronnie's unless you are taking out.
Having been my 1st, of what will be many visits, the proprietors suggested I try their sampler platter ($14 w tax). I had a huge pile of THE BEST pulled pork I have ever encountered, 4 ribs that melted in my mouth, 2 large wings with a unique smoked taste and 3 thick cuts of beef brisket. Along with the meat, were 2 rolls to make sandwiches as well as 2 small containers of the barbecue sauce. I highly recommend asking for extra barbecue sauce with any order ( I could have used at least 2 more containers). My favorite item was the pulled pork but the wings and ribs were very close seconds. I could easily enjoy a dozen of the wings or a rack of the ribs. The beef was very good as well but it just didn't stack up to the other items.
Should you order a sampler, be ready to either eat or share if you enjoy your food hot. I had nobody to share with so I opted to eat all of my food. Needless to say, I had no need to eat for the rest of the evening.......I was FULL. The fellas that run Ronnie's were more than friendly and definitely ready to help you with your barbecue needs. One helpful hint: Ronnie's is closed on Mondays as are a lot of the eating establishments in the immediate area. Now, I've eaten at a few of the other barbecue establishments in town and they are good. Now that I have eaten at Ronnie's......the bar has been risen to a whole new level.

1  Thank FlyGuy12
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Good barbecue at a walk up trailer. Decent pork barbeque sandwich and ribs. Baked beans were better than expected. Service was friendly.

1  Thank Nikzleez