“Awesome way to tour Richmond!”
Review of Segway of Richmond

Segway of Richmond
Book In Advance
Richmond Landmark Segway Tour
Abraham Lincoln Foot-Steps Tour by Segway
Church Hill Segway Tour in Richmond
Ranked #4 of 29 Tours in Richmond
Reviewed 23 July 2014

When I worked at Walt Disney World 10 years ago, I rode a Segway for the first time .. so when I found out about the Segway tours in Richmond a few months ago, I said I wanted to go. My boyfriend and I decided to go on a 2-hour tour of Richmond and at first (literally the first 10 minutes) I thought to myself "there is no way I am going to be able to do this for 2 hours" but after I remembered how to work the Segway and stopped panicking every two seconds, it all came back to me and I LOVED the 2 hour tour .. it is a lot of "stop + go" jam packed full of history and information about Richmond. I have lived in Charlottesville for almost 7 years and I have spent tons of time in Richmond as it is only a quick hour drive down 64 but to be honest, I had no idea how important Richmond was and how much history came from that city. The tour guide was so knowledgeable, turns out he majored in History in college and was actually working on his graduate degree as well. I was very impressed with him. My boyfriend and I liked staying at the back of the pack so we could go a little faster and not be bumped up against another Segway as we went from location to location. When we got back to the Segway store, I already knew we would be back to do another tour! Tips: SUNBLOCK is needed if you go in the summer, the Segway store did pass around a bottle of sunblock to use if you didn't bring your own (which was pretty awesome - most places would SELL it .. not give it away for free) but I would bring some of your own, just incase they don't have it when you go, or if you need to reapply. I wore a long maxi dress and flip flops during my tour. Also, bring water .. I figured because I wasn't walking and on the Segway I wouldn't get thirsty .. wrong! Luckily, we made a pit stop during the tour where vending machine and bathrooms were available.

1  Thank Kaitlyn H

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was a mixed experience. Riding around on a Segway is, undeniably, fun. But our group of 21 riders was far too large and our guide provided very little information about the history or architecture of Richmond. We paid $46 each for a two hour "landmark tour" but, for the most part, it was really just a nice ride for a few miles.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We decided to do this trolley tour of the downtown Richmond area based on the good reviews that it received on Tripadvisor. The tour was supposed to be two hours, however, it ended up being two hours and fifteen minutes, a free bonus. This trolley was enclosed and air conditioned, yet it looked vintage and historic. This was a great way to see the downtown Richmond area and at the same time learn something about it too. Things seem to take on a whole new meaning when you can learn the history behind it. Our guide was Steven Pugh, a retired college professor, and our driver was Laura. This team hadn't worked together before but orchestrated things very nicely and put on an educational and entertaining tour. This tour hit various places and also suggested various dining places, shopping places, and other area that you may want to further explore later Tickets were pretty reasonable (30 bucks a person)considering you were getting two hours of entertainment out of it. I would suggest this tour if you wanted to see the place and learn about it as well. Buy your tickets at the Segway tours building.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We did the 2 hour downtown tour. Lots of fun. Touring along the river was really nice. Good instruction for new Segway users. Only suggestion - use headsets so everyone can hear the guide! This did create some issues crossing streets and would be more fun if you could hear guides comments as you went along instead of just at stops.

1  Thank BlueFingers
Reviewed 29 April 2014

During a recient trip to Richmond we had a GREAT time trying out the Segways. We had talked about taking one of these tours several times in different places and were really glad we took our first one here. Trent was really nice and was helpful in teaching us the ropes. Definately worth the time and the infomration provided on the area was top notch!! Highley recommend taking a tour with them!!!