“Disappointing.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My partner and I went here on a recommendation I received. I had reviewed the menu online and thought it looked varied and promising. We sat at the bar to have an early dinner (5:30pm-ish). The bartender was not particularly welcoming and not well-informed about the craft beer selections. He provided samples of 2 only on request. After serving the beer, he dropped from serving us and another bartender took over. We were not informed of this, and there was a delay in our menu ordering as a result - both bartenders seemed occupied with other tasks and the new one did not return to us until flagged. The new one was nicer, but also seemed inexperienced. We ordered the lobster tempura lollipops and frites as a small plate appetizer. Both items were good - the tempura light and crisp, not detracting from the lobster. The dipping sauces served with them were also nice, but a roasted garlic and horseradish dipping sauce ordered as an extra was all horseradish. We had little time to enjoy the appetizer, because our entrees of polenta and shrimp were served almost immediately after the appetizer had been served, leaving us to interrupt our appetizer and maneuver plates around. The entrees were lukewarm and not flavorful. The polenta was prepared well, but the shrimp were not particularly tender and the tomato sauce a tad peppery but otherwise bland. The dish also contained red bell pepper, which was not listed as an ingredient. Since my partner is sensitive to the bell pepper, it would have been nice to know this. Under what is very low lighting in the restaurant, picking it out was a difficult task. The restaurant became very crowded on a Saturday night. It's obvious it's quite popular, but I agree with those who say it's not all that for the money and there are plenty of better options in RVA. It was not terrible, but, I would most likely not go back to Mint.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I was expecting much more from that restaurant, since I read reviews . Location is perfect and very nice inside. however, food is not great, small portions for appetizers, my burger was not fantastic and service, let's put in that way, they can improve. overall, you pay to much for what you get.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is sort of a three and one half star review. We visited the Mint for the first time and liked the new menu and its wide assortment of new appetizers. We tried the Lobster Tempura Popsciles (OK), the Crab and Artichoke dip with home made Spinach chips (very good) and the short rib tortias (very good). We had the cheese and Tomato soup tapa which was very good. We also had the ceaser salad which was average at best. The service was good for a very busy evening. We did not try the main courses yet. Overall it was a shade above good, but I felt the heavy butter and oil the rest of the night.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Mint's small plates are scrumptious! Clever combinations, artistic presentations, interesting tastes, delicious drinks, prompt service, and a comfortable atmosphere all work together at Mint! Amy, the owner, and new Chef Malcomb have created a very special, delightful spot in Richmond!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

visited on a busy Friday night. walked in with 7pm reservations and seated on time! Interesting drink menu (porch rocker was delicious!) varied/eclectic menu.
we tried the fish taco's, brussel sprouts, crabcake and a spicy pasta dish that were fantatastic,
servings were small or big (you choice on the menu) . The big dishes were just right if you are hungry. Prices were in line with local places, service was attentive (no bread, but that was ok with us). It does get a bit noisy when full, but that was not an issue for us